Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aldi excellent service  (Read 1520 times)

Onetenor

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Aldi excellent service
« on: November 02, 2018, 12:03:22 pm »

Just had excellent service from Aldi. Rotary multi tool packed up at full revs. I spoke to a lovely sounding lass who is arranging a replacement f o c and told me to keep the one I have. He He He a project I think.  Vibration at full revs from a bent mandrel caused it. It might be a joint needs resoldering or speed controller bypassing. just run at full revs. We'll see. :-)) %)  John O/T

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Aldi excellent service
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 03:38:57 pm »

"Good customer service".... Not often you hear those words, in that order these days!  >:-o
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 03:51:53 pm »

"Good customer service".... Not often you hear those words, in that order these days!  >:-o

I always go back and praise vendors when they give that...……especially from fish and chip shops,  {-) {-)

Onetenor

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 01:00:24 am »

Tool repaired Broken wire at soldered joint. Just having trouble getting case to close properly. Can't see why just yet. All seems clear but last 1/16 th wont close. Don't want to use screws to force it in case threads strip out. Any  ideas.?

furball

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 07:00:37 am »

Trapped wire?

Lance

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 09:37:15 am »

Nothing beats good customer service, except perhaps good personal customer service. My wife and I went into a small shop in Seaford on Saturday, we hadn't been inside more than five seconds when the shopkeeper behind the till (yes, that old fashioned kind of shop) said "Pink wafers! You wanted them for your granddaughter." She'd remembered us from several months ago. "I haven't got any today but she might like to try the strawberry wafers over on the shelf." We bought some and I thanked her for her excellent service. She was almost embarrassed and thanked me for thanking her.

Aforementioned granddaughter did indeed like the wafers, so we'll definitely be going back for more.

You don't always get good service, especially from the 'big boys', so it's good to hear that Aldi were on the ball in this case.
Admiral of the Haven Towage Fleet.

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 10:16:41 am »

I saved a customer £2k a few months ago!

As Team Leader, Petrol, at a major supermarket, I was approached one night by a customer seeking help. His Audi had been misfiring, the garage claimed it was dirty injectors caused by 'contaminated cheap diesel' and therefore the fault and necessary repair work wasn't covered by his warranty. He'd have to pay.

I said that we take claims of fuel quality very seriously, and would immediately look into it.

He didn't have his receipt, but I found his car being filled on CCTV, so I could identify the time and pump (and tank) that was being used. I printed off his transaction, and then checked when that tank's diesel had been delivered. A few sums later, it turned out that he was the 170th customer using that fuel, and he was followed by 30 more before the tank was refilled. No one else had submitted a complaint, and the delivery paperwork showed no obvious contamination at the time of delivery.

I wrote these details down in a brief letter, which the customer picked up the following day.

A month later, I was tapped on the back while in the store.

It was the customer. Absolutely delighted. On seeing the evidence, he said, the garage did the work for nothing.

Result!
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.