Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Excellent service from Deans Marine  (Read 918 times)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Excellent service from Deans Marine
« on: November 08, 2018, 04:46:34 pm »

I'd just like to flag up my thanks to Ron & Co.
I recently ordered two minature double couplings from Deans. They arrived promptly but although they looked exactly like the photos on the website, the splined ends didn't quite seem to fit the coupling tubes. I assumed it might have been a manufacturing fault of some kind but as I was keen to get on with the job I took a file to the inserts, a knife to the tubes and managed to assemble them with the aid of a vice. This caused the tubes to bulge slightly and almost but not quite disengaged the pins from the centre of the coupling.
I emailed Deans saying that the inserts seemed to be a bad fit and they immediately replied saying that it was possible that I hade been accidentally sent the wrong bits. They also suggested quite correctly that it might have been better if I had sent the originals back before applying brute force to them (not in so many words of course). Having sent the old ones back I have now received a new set by return of post which fit together fine.
OK, we were both probably at fault, Deans for sending the wrong parts and me for butchering them when they arrived but I think Deans have responded very well which shows the  value of good customer relations from a UK based supplier. So thanks Ron!  :-))
Colin

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.