Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great find  (Read 3653 times)

hama

• Full Mayhemer
Great find
« on: November 11, 2018, 01:05:21 pm »

Hello!
A just made a bargain. My friend helped me win this on an auction. Totally untouched with the plastic left on the box, never been opened. Billing Boats "Flyvefisken" patrol boat.
1200SEK, about 120eur.
Looks like a really nice kit, will see when I get time to start the build.
All the best!
Hama

Ken G121

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Great find
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 03:26:00 pm »

This is a fantastic kit. I built one 3 years ago. Put in lights, made radar rotate and put in a bow thruster as per real boat.as per article in an old model boats magazine I made it so the 3 rear hatches lock to the deck by a long plastic rod , so they will never fall off and get lost. Can send some build pics if needed

hama

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 07:41:37 pm »

Great to hear!
Please show some pictures here if you like!
In what magazine whas the build article?
Hama

Ken G121

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 08:39:15 pm »

I have tried to post some pictures but it said the file size was too large. Pictures are on my I phone along with some video, I do not know how to reduce the size of the jpeg so I can attach it, certainly I think the video would not be possible. There are a lot of parts in this boat and it took a long time to build, however the only part that care is required is fitting the 2 decks, fitting the lower deck as in plans would not have given a big enough gap to fit the cabin that goes between them. I suggest you tape upper deck in place, then build cabin that fits between decks and tape this to upper deck this will allow you to position lower deck at the correct height.
The model boats magazine article is from a long time ago, I will search my shed to see if I can find it

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 08:53:18 pm »

I have tried to post some pictures but it said the file size was too large. Pictures are on my I phone along with some video, I do not know how to reduce the size of the jpeg so I can attach it, certainly I think the video would not be possible. There are a lot of parts in this boat and it took a long time to build, however the only part that care is required is fitting the 2 decks, fitting the lower deck as in plans would not have given a big enough gap to fit the cabin that goes between them. I suggest you tape upper deck in place, then build cabin that fits between decks and tape this to upper deck this will allow you to position lower deck at the correct height.
The model boats magazine article is from a long time ago, I will search my shed to see if I can find it

https://light-image-resizer.en.uptodown.com/windows    try this its free and easy ans saves you loading to another site and then from there back to here.

https://light-image-resizer.en.uptodown.com/windows

Ken G121

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 08:41:15 pm »

Sorry Hama
I can not find the magazine but it did not contain much info. I use wood decks as a template and made new decks from 2mm plastic. A large access hatch was made in rear deck the three small hatches in the rear deck would never allow access to rudder connections and very little to motors/ shafts

Ken G121

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 08:52:49 pm »

Hi
On underside of rear deck I fitted a square plastic tube cut into sections these sections run the length of the rear deck including the 3 removable hatches, another slightly smaller tube is slid in from the opening under the main cabin, sliding through the sections of the first tube this locks the 3 hatches to the rear deck.
Still had no luck posting pics emailed one to myself so I could select smaller file size but then I could not  get this posting to accept a jpeg file. If it is within the rules perhaps I can send direct or perhaps to someone who looks after this site so they can post them for me

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 09:03:55 pm »

A rare find indeed ...... and a hansom looking vessel when finished.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Ken G121

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 09:19:33 pm »

I have put in a join request on Facebook page, I presume I can then post pics here for Hama to see

Regards Ken

Ken G121

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 12:35:31 pm »

Hi Hama
Finally posted some pictures onayhems Facebook page, I hope they are of intrest The radar mast I also remade in plastic. I made the radar rotate so the pard between the radar and mast I scratch built to take the rod driving the radar up through a tube. Any more pictures or info just ask
Not only did you get a very rare model( surely there can be non left unbuilt) you got it at about half the price they were years ago when you could buy them..., €120 must be that much for a bottle of Scotch in Norway
I do not know if these pics could now be transferred to this page
Regards. Ken

hama

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 03:51:51 pm »

Thanks for all your info, especially that about the rear deck and its deck house!
Hama

Ken G121

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 05:09:05 pm »

Have you managed to see the pictures on the Facebook page?

hama

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 06:11:36 pm »

Not yet, I have to use my wives Facebook as I'm not on there :D
She will be home soon though  :-))
Hama

Ken G121

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 07:04:05 pm »

If you go up on this page to Martins response where he said to go to mayhems Facebook page. If you click those words it is a link that will take you to the page. Ask to join, once you have joined you can see all the posts I think I put on 3 blocks of pictures and information

Ken G121

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2018, 07:20:03 pm »

Hi Hama
Before I forget the decals in the kit are now old. If you put them in water they will just turn into hundreds of small pieces. Before you use them you need to re- stabilise them. They need to be sprayed using a stabiliser which is like a varnish that will hold the decal together when it is put in water. You can post a page asking for advice on this topic.

Hotglove

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 07:53:56 pm »

another way to resize pics is to email them to yourself, which resizes them automatically.

Ken G121

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 12:39:57 pm »

Yes I have tried that but then why I try to upload pics instead of saying the file is too large it says it is the wrong type of file

Ken G121

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 06:33:50 pm »

Hi Hama
Did you get to see any of my Flyvefisken pictures on Mayhems Facebook page

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2018, 08:50:16 pm »

Ken - Send me the pictures for Hama by email.  I will then forward them to him as I have his address.  :-))
Will PM you.
Carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.