Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: World War 1 Commemorations  (Read 3142 times)

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
Re: World War 1 Commemorations
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2018, 10:50:47 pm »

Re rundown of military Colin
We have for years now Paras who earned their red beret returned to their companies with no opportunity to gain their wings due to lack of resources. This leaves them feeling second class. Realistically in this day and age airborne troops will very likely never see service by airdrop. It's very like having a personal weapon with no ammunition and humiliating.

Corbyn is regarded as a traitor by the army
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2018, 11:36:09 pm »

Neil you misunderstood my point, I was thinking of other countries, other regimes.  Because of them we have to keep a military capability.  Not sadly out of touch,  but sadly in touch.  It is good the young feel there is a different way but in the mean time we still lock our doors at night as I am sure you do. 

Roy

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2018, 11:39:50 pm »

Neil you misunderstood my point, I was thinking of other countries, other regimes.  Because of them we have to keep a military capability.  Not sadly out of touch,  but sadly in touch.  It is good the young feel there is a different way but in the mean time we still lock our doors at night as I am sure you do. 

Roy

certainly do, Roy, especially of late...………….nice quiet suburban estate...….and some scumbags forced a rear door of a house 4 gardens away, whilst the occupants were in...…….MID AFTERNOON...……...think i'll buy a baseball bat and a Bowie knife. >>:-( <*<

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2018, 01:12:57 am »

'Aye Aye That's Your Lot'.   :police:

Slightly off topic .... or back on topic!
I don't watch TV much these s days, mainly Radio 4Extra, 4 and YouTube.

Heard some very good stuff while traveling to and from the Warwick show:

Voices of the First World War: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bqmc8n/episodes/player

The Ballad of the Great War: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03z7zx8/episodes/player

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.