Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: out of birkenhead today  (Read 2392 times)

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!
out of birkenhead today
« on: September 23, 2007, 12:37:50 am »

this left b head today

Robert Davies

Re: out of birkenhead today
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 01:56:53 am »

I watched it arrive whilst sailing some of my fleet on New Brighton's swan infested pool... Swan herding... Taking a few cues from 'One man and his dog' ;)

The tug work was pure art btw

-Rob

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 04:03:15 pm »

I watched it arrive whilst sailing some of my fleet on New Brighton's swan infested pool... Swan herding... Taking a few cues from 'One man and his dog' ;)

The tug work was pure art btw

-Rob

its no longer a model boat pool, but a bird bath
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 08:19:25 pm »

this left b head today
Really, don't you find these modern ships boring? In general you cannot find a curved line anywhere. All straight with built-in  stress points. Who, nowadays, teaches Naval Archicture? Or is it becoming an adjunct of land-based engineering.
Years ago we (in the RFA) had to "accomodate" and "teach" the neophyte ship constructors (RN..naturally). These people were so infused with the notion that what they did had to be correct. This attitude only lasted long enough for these kids to realise that their drawing boards did not translate in to real life work practise. This did not stop them from  producing ships that needed major re-design ideas. My point here is that there should be more input from the guys who actually have to operate them, and not rely on the tech geeks who never ever have to suffer the consequences.
Notes from a simple seaman

Robert Davies

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 10:02:49 pm »

Sadly it's true of almost all modern applied 'design'....

The poor old day to day user has little or no input into the design of the item/thing/whatever that they will be utilising.

They're considered too unintelligent for this process -'designing', but miraculously have to develop the faculty to fix, and/or work around the resultant shortcomings in the 'design'.

I'll think I'll have alittle lie down now..... ;)

-Rob

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 10:24:47 pm »

this left b head today
My point here is that there should be more input from the guys who actually have to operate them, and not rely on the tech geeks who never ever have to suffer the consequences.

This happens in all aspects of engineering - and, no doubt, other walks of life!
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.