Sales, Wants & TRADERS > Whats in the box?

PEBA MOORING TUG I

<< < (8/8)

RST:

--- Quote from: tica on May 17, 2021, 05:26:55 pm ---Hi RST
I got a kit from the first batch delivered to Hobby-Lobby and the distortions of parts has been minimal, only the floor of the steering house were bad, but I cut it out and that was that. I know that one from my club, did have a lot of distortion of his kit and he did spend some time with a heat-gun, clamps, steel rulers and wire to get it right, as I have not been at the club for more than a year so I don't know the status of his model.
For the windows i have used either Lock-tight superglue added with a toothpick (Small drops) from the inside while the window were in place, with no fume residue on the windows. Or a German product that is a bit more difficult to work with and seems to gone from the market.

For my Billings Phantom wind-shield I used Glue&Glace with good result.
Carsten

--- End quote ---

...Hi Carsten.  I also had 2 weird "soft-spots" on the hull.  I was told to leave the hull in the sun for a couple of days (chuckled a bit as there's no UV in Scotland in winter) so I tried to cure them with the UV light on the end of a Bison superglue pen.  I got to the point I just shut my eyes and filled the area with more paint as they were only very shallow.  Seems to be OK but one day I guess my finger might push through them.  To be honest the quality of my parts out the box was not that great -maybe just a bad one but was surprised considering how long they have been making them now?  I was going to buy the fishing boat for another quick build -but not after this kit, it's cheap but not that cheap for poorly fitting parts.

Rich

RST:
Hi Carsten,

Have you done any more work on yours?  Sorry I hijacked your thread a bit with my photos.  The other week I fiddled with mine a bit more.  Worked out I could fit some 2mm thick foam sheet under the deck hatch and combined with my cams holding it down it's probably tight enough to seal now.  One other thing I noticed was the resin used for printing seems to expand allot with temperature.  So when I fitted my hatch originally it was allot warmer than now and had to shave material off since to make it sit right when I fitted the sealing foam.  I've just got to work out how to waterproof the canopy glue now -I've been checking on line and I used the same stuff as others but my stuff is just the same as white PVA school glue, not even remotely moisture proof so maybe it was a bad batch.

Richard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version