Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: PEBA MOORING TUG I  (Read 12872 times)

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
PEBA MOORING TUG I
« on: November 19, 2018, 11:39:11 am »

Hi there
There are some new kit available from PEBA made by kymodel, I saw the prototypes in Germany back in October 2018, and they did look nice and well designed.
I have just received the MOORING TUG I. The first kits come with some extras, like servo and accessories for it also a motor (speed 400 clone) is included and I'm not sure if this is standard or not.

The model will be Length 350mm width 118 mm and scale is 1:32
Instruction is in English and is fairly good based on the origin of the kit.
The hull is in 3D printed plastic and only require a minor clean-up and a rinse with soap and water to remove the dust from the printing.Access to the hull is good and the removable part of the deck is prepared for magnets, which is included in the kit. Mounting points for the motor and servo is already included in the 3D print.There are some printed fittings include and they are of good quality. The few wood details is also of an acceptable quality and will require some light cleaning and a light sanding.
The etched metal fittings look nice and with a fair amount of details. The driveshaft has to be assemble of several parts but looks solid.
The Cabin is a single piece and needs to be assembled with window frames and other details, there are also included some brass wire for the cabin  "roll cage" and this is the only part of the kit that will take some work and maybe frustration for a newcomer to the hobby.

All i all I'm looking fwd to start the build.
Regards
Carsten
My postings are only reflecting my own opinion and should not be read as the holy grail of truth :-)

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
Re: PEBA MOORING TUG I
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 11:41:37 am »

And the last 4 pics.
The last pic is of the PEBA 1:32 crew, they come prepainted and is of a acceptable quality
My postings are only reflecting my own opinion and should not be read as the holy grail of truth :-)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 11:52:37 am »

that looks a nice little project for next winter whilst watching tv, tica, but you don't say what price it is.

thanks for showing.

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 12:00:37 pm »

It's a great little kit and could be a good choice as a farther / son or granddad / grandson project.
Introduction price is 108€  and will go up to 129€ and I can see that stock i getting low (he got 200 in the first shipment)
http://www.hobby-lobby-modellbau.com/onlineshop/product_info.php/info/p6313_MOORING-TUG-I---Kit---38-90015.html

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 08:04:45 pm »

It's a great little kit and could be a good choice as a farther / son or granddad / grandson project.
Introduction price is 108€  and will go up to 129€ and I can see that stock i getting low (he got 200 in the first shipment)
http://www.hobby-lobby-modellbau.com/onlineshop/product_info.php/info/p6313_MOORING-TUG-I---Kit---38-90015.html

nice price to...…...cheap considering the hours it will give building and detailing it.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 08:23:13 pm »

Ooo! Very nice!

Looks like it will make a nice build!

Keep us posted.  :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 04:01:00 pm »

Any word of a UK importer / seller for these PEBA kits?

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 04:16:08 pm »

Ooo! Very nice!

Looks like to will make a nice build!

Keep us posted.  :-))

I will, when I get to it  :-)

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 06:07:16 am »

now that i like...........350mm if my maths is correct is 13.8".......tiny. I want one!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

steamboat66

• Full Mayhemer
  • maybe it will float!
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018, 05:00:46 pm »

just tried to order one, no paypal, sorry, no deal. a shame as it looks very good.

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 05:12:56 pm »

just tried to order one, no paypal, sorry, no deal. a shame as it looks very good.
Yes it is annoying  >>:-( but that's "typical" for the Germans even in 2018  {:-{
For my part a bank payment ended up costing me the same as using paypal (2,5£) so no problem for me.

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 09:08:30 pm »

Shame the KYModels / PEBA kits are not more widely distributed - I think there is a US distributor - but have had difficulty in getting more details

Rumor is that there is going to be someone selling these kits in the UK

JIM WORNER

• Full Mayhemer
  • Not me chief : Engines
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 10:12:42 am »

Just tried to log in. Problem the site does not recognise the codes it gives you.  I have tried 3 times and been very careful to get them right, but it just repeats a new code each time.  Anyone else had this problem?
Jim W {:-{

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 04:49:15 pm »

Just tried to log in. Problem the site does not recognise the codes it gives you.  I have tried 3 times and been very careful to get them right, but it just repeats a new code each time.  Anyone else had this problem?
Jim W {:-{
Is it with the http://www.hobby-lobby-modellbau.com homepage or http://www.peba-hobby.de ? I can access the first but not the other.
BRCarsten

glenny

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2018, 07:32:01 pm »

this looks a lovely little kit , keeping my eye on this ,thanks mate

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 08:59:09 pm »

I had no trouble registering with hobby lobby and have made a purchase yesterday
I don’t recall any codes? I just followed the link in my email from them after filling in my details
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2020, 04:38:20 pm »

Did anyone in the uk get to import these kits?

The damen tug looks good ( looks like a damen that I use to work on )

Dan

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2020, 05:09:24 pm »

No-one in the UK - rumor was one of the well advertised companies was going to.

I ordered mine from Hobby-Lobby-Modellbau with no issues.

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2020, 05:15:18 pm »

No-one in the UK - rumor was one of the well advertised companies was going to.

I ordered mine from Hobby-Lobby-Modellbau with no issues.

Ok thanks for the info, shame no one got the import as seems could make a good amount of orders

Dan

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 08:58:13 am »

Any update on the kit / build  Carsten?   
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2020, 11:30:43 am »

Slow progress Martin slow progress

I have not been hit by the Lockdown of Denmark, more the opposite as I'm working in the Medical device business. So no time for building or sailing.
I would guess that I'm 45% into the build, but no time for a build Log (Pictures are saved so when time permits it I'll get it up)
RegardsCarsten

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2020, 11:53:41 am »

OK, is the hull waterproof without painting? - How thick is the hull walls?

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2020, 08:00:33 am »

Hull walls: bottom part is approx. 2-3mm and some places above waterline is down to 1-1.5mm for details.
Haven't tested it in water without paint, but I cannot see why it should not be watertight.
One club member dropped another of these PEBA kits from approx. 1m and it broke, so it's a bit brittle but it could be glued back together. Worst fear is that you are rammed on the water by a bigger boat, it will properly not survive it.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2020, 09:30:42 am »

You can always coat the insides with generous coat of resin or epoxy....
   :-))

RST

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2021, 06:43:13 pm »

How are you getting on with yours guys?  Not to hijack te thread but I got mine just before xmas as the vacation project -would have had it finished if it wasn't fr a problem with a paint order.
I deviated a bit:  My deck and cabin were really dissapointingly distorted.  Managed to get it straight enough without risking damage but the magnets would never hold the deck hatch.  I've got mine on two little retaining cams underneath and you turn a barrel and the toolbox to release.  I printed a new "hook box" with the winch inside.  I printed a new ladder with "square" sections -just because.  I soldered up the rope guard frame easier and printed a mesh for over the radar -looks OK but it's a different pattern.  Printed a more accurate radar and tried to make better lights for the cabin top.  I don't like the dog drive prop or the fact it's left hand but will live with it.  Very impressed with the coupling but changed the motor for an RE385.  It will take quite a bit of ballast!  7.2v 2.9Ah high power Ni-MH hidden inside very easily!!
I've not sanded all the striations from printing -quite happy to wear the badge for that as a 3-D print.  Was just a bit dissapointed at the distortion of some parts.  The cabn doors on mine are held in with the magnets instead.  I'm hiding the receiver in the cabin, well above the waterline and batteries.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.