The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Springer Tugs

Laser cut Springer kits

(1/3) > >>

Andyn:
Just gauging interest, who would be interested in a laser cut hull (only) pack, and what price would you be prepared to pay for one?

:-))

Tug Fanatic:

As you can buy a fibreglass hull for £20 from Models by Design, which requires a lot less finishing than a wood hull, I would guess not a lot.

john44:
As above.

SailorGreg:
That's just six pieces of wood (assuming you do the bottom and deck in single sheets), four of which are rectangles.  I built the hull of mine from the scraps I had around the workshop, effective cost zero.  I imagine many springers arise from a similar source. Also, a hull-only kit requires the builder to scratch build a superstructure and install battery, motor, rudder etc. with no plan to help them.  Anyone who can do that can probably put a springer hull together from whatever they have to hand.
Sorry to appear negative, but you did ask.

Greg

martno1fan:
Ignore the negativity Andy there is definitely a market for a kit but it would need to be a full kit to make it  worth buying .A company in the states has a full springer kit available ,maybe take a look at what they offer and go from there .
http://zippkits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=86

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version