Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Damen 1907 side buffers  (Read 1316 times)

npomeroy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Damen 1907 side buffers
« on: January 23, 2021, 10:30:12 pm »

The GA drawings on the current Damen product sheet
https://products.damen.com/-/media/products/images/clusters-groups/tugs/stan-tugs/stan-tug-1907/documents/product_sheet_stan_tug_1907_damen.pdf?rev=dbc0da6f4d234c848753415af2b6973a
 show a rounded "shoulder" on the perimeter.  The GA drawing on that PDF shows the shoulder plus tyres on the side. The web description https://products.damen.com/en/ranges/stan-tug/stan-tug-1907 shows several photos - the two "recent deliveries" show tugs without the rounded shoulder and with rows of tyres.
So, is the built-in rounded shoulder/buffer a revised Damen design to replace tyres? Or an option?  As I am working from the PDF linked above for the GA drawings for my scratch build, I expect to add the rounded shoulder, but if so would the tyres be redundant (I mean for scale accuracy)?

PS.  I see on the product specification "D-fendering around hull".  So I guess this is the newer design.  I wonder if showing tyres also on the drawing is a mistake?

Jerry C

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Damen 1907 side buffers
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 07:01:35 am »

I’ve driven a few Damen tugs. Usually fitted with D- fendering. It doesn’t  like up and down scuffing and is expensive and not a diy job so most are fitted with worn out aircraft tires with chains and a chain plate. Judging by the state of some of the tires when we get them some aircraft operators go a bit too close to the wire for my liking!

Jerry C.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.