Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mimi and Toutou  (Read 1091 times)

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Mimi and Toutou
« on: December 05, 2018, 05:50:56 pm »

Has anyone else noticed this new release from Deans Marine  ? I am aware of the fascinating history behind the two boats but not till now the interesting model they have produced .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acRCBaoglus
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Allnightin

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Mimi and Toutou
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 09:45:02 pm »

There was some discussion on this subject at https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,57045.msg593443.html#msg593443

I obtained some plans from NMM and recently completed a model in 1/32nd  which hopefully will appear as an article in Model boats soon.  All my best pictures are with MB editor but hopefully  this one gives an idea.

The Deans version in 1/24th seems to be based on the picture of the two boats during trials on the Thames and has interpreted the engine compartment as a cabin with a forward facing window.  I hope they eventually get round to some dedicated crew figures matched to manning the various positions as probably the trickiest aspect of the model was cobbling bits of various plastic figures together to arrive at a crew in the right uniform and realistic poses                                                                                                         

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.51 seconds with 22 queries.