Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tug info wanted  (Read 2214 times)

finnboat

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Tug info wanted
« on: December 10, 2018, 09:33:13 am »

Hi! I find this picture of a "old" tugboat in the latest issue of "Model boats" magazine. From Basset-Lowke LTD scale model ships catalog from the 1930. Does anybody have any more info of this tugboat? I have searched the internet the hole weekend whit no result... hope someone can help me please!The picture is very small.....

Fred Ellis

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Tuginfo wanted
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 02:16:12 pm »

Hi Finnboat

Try this Facebook page www.facebook.com/groups/1195313783862857/?ref=bookmarks, look under files.

Fred
That's all right, Mr Ryan. My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month.

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Tuginfo wanted
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 04:08:34 pm »

I think you're going to struggle to find drawings for the Bassett Lowke tug.  They were more or less "ready to run" models so drawings may not be available.  You could try the Bassett Lowke  Society but I think they are mostly concerned with trains  http://www.bassettlowkesociety.org.uk/
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

CJ1

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Tug info wanted
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 04:39:24 pm »

I still have some of the original drawings of this similar Bassett-Lowke Tug I built in 1969 (so they are a bit faded). I know it's not quite the same
I built it from these B-L plans. It has a Bassett-Lowke boiler and twin Stuart Turner steam engines. I'm currently giving it a refurbishment.
Chris

finnboat

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 06:42:40 pm »

Thank You for Your replies! I did not now that at the boats name is Bassett Lowke tug! I really dont now why i liked this tug, it think it is the little older look.... I did not have a Facebook acount untill now, and now i only waiting to get "aprowed" by the administrators of the facebook group!Chris Your tugboat looks great! Do you think Your drawings are the same?
Does anybody now if this tug is a "copy" of a real tug?
Thanks again for your reply!!

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 08:34:13 pm »

I'm pretty sure that the BL tug is a "generic" design.   The hull shape is very similar to a lot of tugs of that era.  The superstructure is different though.  It's quite similar to an actual tug called Cervia which is a popular model and plans are available. 
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 08:52:58 pm »

Another pic, the only other one I could find

finnboat

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 09:43:18 pm »

Cervia has a very similar hull, and weary interesting stories on the design on the "homepage" of Cervia. A weary nice "older" tug. I dont now how I completely missed that tug! Thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.