Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluebird K7 on Bute  (Read 6469 times)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Bluebird K7 on Bute
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2018, 08:06:44 am »

They should have let her lie along with his  body ,its like robbing his grave just plain wrong in my book .

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2018, 01:41:23 pm »

They should have let her lie along with his  body ,its like robbing his grave just plain wrong in my book .

so on this premise, all those MIA'S from WW1/2 and every subsequent loss of life, where in subsequent years bodies are found, the finder just dig them back into the ground and leave them where they fell...…...absolute garbage.

all persons, whether lost in action, by accident OR  by foul play such as murder, deserve at least a decent burial, and if relatives can be traced, given the option of being returned to their living relatives for a decent burial, what ever creed or colour they belong too.

I have never heard a more crass statement in my life.

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2018, 01:58:24 pm »

so on this premise, all those MIA'S from WW1/2 and every subsequent loss of life, where in subsequent years bodies are found, the finder just dig them back into the ground and leave them where they fell...…...absolute garbage.

all persons, whether lost in action, by accident OR  by foul play such as murder, deserve at least a decent burial, and if relatives can be traced, given the option of being returned to their living relatives for a decent burial, what ever creed or colour they belong too.

What about the the many many naval and commercial ships sunk in two world wars that are consecrated as war graves and protected along with the bodies of those who died them ?
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2018, 02:06:42 pm »

I think the fact that his family wanted
his body for a proper burial is the point here and the
family also endorsed the recovery and
subsequent rebuild of Bluebird
Ships designated as war graves are an entirely
different thing.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2018, 02:29:09 pm »

different thing.

Ned

O0 :-))

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2018, 03:03:13 pm »

different thing.

Ned

You seem to forget this is what you posted.

And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2018, 04:25:17 pm »

You seem to forget this is what you posted.

NO!! BALDRICK...……...I POSTED THAT, NOT NED...……. O  M  G.....…….

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2018, 03:29:26 pm »

I think you will find they used to bury people at sea and all those lives lost at sea and at Pearl harbour for instance where bodies could have been recovered it was always decided to leave them where they lie,what more fitting burrial site ?. Also when they first spoke about raising the Bluebird and his body his wife (widow) was dead set against it and was even on the verge of fighting this in court as she felt he had lay there so long it best to let him lie ,she later bowed to pressure from those hell bent on getting their grubby hands on the wreck including family .  His own sister was left distraught when she heard the news of them raising his remains .
Do you seriously think they did all this to find his body ?, did they hell .

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2018, 03:50:32 pm »

I think you will find they used to bury people at sea and all those lives lost at sea and at Pearl harbour for instance where bodies could have been recovered it was always decided to leave them where they lie,what more fitting burrial site ?. Also when they first spoke about raising the Bluebird and his body his wife (widow) was dead set against it and was even on the verge of fighting this in court as she felt he had lay there so long it best to let him lie ,she later bowed to pressure from those hell bent on getting their grubby hands on the wreck including family .  His own sister was left distraught when she heard the news of them raising his remains .
Do you seriously think they did all this to find his body ?, did they hell .

By the way….... Tonia Bern Campbell was his 3rd wife, and both Dorothy McKegg and Daphne Harvey [Gina's birth mother] and Gina Campbell herself that were all quoted at times that they would like to have Donald's body recovered and buried in the place where he "lived" and died for some considerable time of his mortal life...….

It was in fact only Tonia  that didn't want his body bringing to the surface for her own personal reasons if you read the book MY SPEED KING- MY LIFE WITH DONALD CAMPBELL...…...it is a personal and totally different expose to that book written by David Tremayne and forward by Gina Campbell and called DONALD CAMPBELL, THE MAN BEHIND THE MASK.

you want to read both....they give totally different views.

mind you it would be a very boring world if everyone agreed. {-) %%
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 22 queries.