Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: malta G C  (Read 2139 times)

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
malta G C
« on: August 30, 2019, 01:54:05 pm »

would like to contact the member  living in malta G C   gordon

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
Re: malta G C
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 02:27:00 pm »

any member going to malta for a holiday

longshanks

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 09:23:41 am »

Hi

If you Google ' Malta Model Shop '  a number of places come up. Might be a good place  for first contact

HTH

Kev

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 11:20:14 am »

thanks for reply  i lived in malta for 5 years  i am trying to see if any member is going on holiday to see if  garage  is still going at tarxian

RST

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 09:48:27 pm »

Whats the "G C" bit?  Google just consistently throws up WWII medals (Georgia Cross)?

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 10:02:10 pm »

Malta became a British colony in 1815, serving as a way station for ships and the headquarters for the [/size]British Mediterranean Fleet[/color][/size]. It played an important role in the Allied war effort during the Second World War, and was subsequently [/color][/size]awarded the George Cross[/size][/color][/size] for its bravery in the face of an [/color][/size]Axis siege[/size], which today appears on Malta's flag and coat of arms

Source : Wikipedia :-))

Regards,
Ray.

RST

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 10:29:06 pm »

Yes ray, as I said before, that bit is relatively clear. Doesn't help much with OP Question so far as to "GC" unless it relates to his elusive garage. I owned an ex-servicemens car for a good few years and it had been taken out there and back. Good car, DVLA loved it for import/non import status LoL!  Malta GC in Google at least returns a rather "upmarket" bar somewhere close to St Georges bay which I don't think is quite right.  Just wondered what the G C significance was in the request.

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 10:41:37 pm »

Ah, that's me jumping in with both feet again  :embarrassed:

Think I'd best leave this to the originator to answer  O0 :-X

Regards,
Ray.

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 01:04:27 pm »

when writing about malta it is only polite and proper to put GC   (george cross ) which the people of malta  were awarded for bravery during the second world war  all in the history books

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 01:25:11 pm »

Gordon is quite right. It is a proper mark of respect to the bravery of the Island's inhabitants in WW2.

Unfortunately many people these days seem to be simply unaware of historical connections which have had a direct influence on the way we live today. Had Malta fallen, the course of the war might have been very different and our lives today as well.

Below are three reminders of Malta's war that I saw a couple of years ago. The George Cross itself, the Sea Gladiator Faith, and the bell of HMS Illustrious which was almost sunk close to the Island.

Colin

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 04:42:25 pm »

thanks for your reply colin

RST

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2019, 10:46:29 pm »

...we kind of know that but we (I) were (was) trying to help regiment in his quest!  I do genuinely try plugging in allot of things I see on the forum, again, and again and again into browsers to try and find things others cant.

Google doesn't quite quite recognise GC apart from a certain strip club, so was only trying to help expand regimets search intuative to them but not so intuative to others.  It meant no criticism of the term personally!  I searched with and without.

I kind of feel bad for it now, sorry I bothered looking now.  Sorry Regiment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 23 queries.