Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone ordered from the online seller Wish!  (Read 1310 times)

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
Anyone ordered from the online seller Wish!
« on: December 11, 2018, 04:21:29 pm »

To be honest I was tempted by some jewellers spectacles with drop in adjustable loupes for 8€. They are on the way according to the email I received.
But today yet another advert for them popped up on Facebook so I browsed some of what was on offer. A set of spiral drill bits took my fancy but going to the page there appeared to be a real scam!
From what I could make out, you send your cash,as do many other buyers. But the seller will only dispatch goods once his pre set target, say 100 units has been reached ie 100 people want a set. There was no mention of what happens IF the target isn't reach ie do they just keep your cash? refund it? who knows. Also there appeared to be no time limit as to how long you may have to wait.
Just another one to be aware of, I will also say that this does not apply to all sellers on that site. Wish is similar to Ebay but no auction bidding for goods.

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Anyone ordered from the online seller Wish!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 04:39:36 pm »

Why is their an Amazon review page for Wish with hundreds of glowing fake reviews ?
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

timgarrod

• Full Mayhemer
    • Alvaston Pirates Model Boat Club
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 05:42:23 pm »

Yea used them a fee times.

just a reseller, same as the seller on ebay. even got a refund when items didn't turn up.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 12:48:08 am »

Not a scam, just a different way of selling. When they get the hundred orders they can make a bulk order on the manufacturer and get a good discount, which is reflected in their pricing. Many manufacturers don't do direct selling and this is a way around that issue.
On the downside, you might have to wait a while.
This is a good example of why it is important to read the small print, the sales, order, and refund the conditions of the seller. Also, as pointed out in another thread, the company address (which could be China-no UK stock) even if the company in the ad. is UK based.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.