Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BEST DRIVING MUSIC EVER  (Read 3026 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
BEST DRIVING MUSIC EVER
« on: December 29, 2018, 01:15:20 pm »

What is your best driving music ever, and what car did you enjoy listening to it in...……

mine was my favourite Austin Healey 3000 mk3, phase 2, hood down diving through the lakes with this blasting out...…...I was only 27 at the time so can be forgiven for being a hoon, lol.

Carlos Santana, Song of the Wind.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zLvnyHiTFI

lets see your favourite owned car and your fave driving music that you listened too in it whilst driving.

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
Re: BEST DRIVING MUSIC EVER
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 01:36:04 pm »

I don't think I have a 'best ever' driving music as long as its rock based does for me, here's a 30 second clip of me in the MGTF driving through Spain. I've got a compilation rock cd in, currently playing Peter Frampton - Show me the Way.
https://youtu.be/7QiG7ob1i70

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 02:06:20 pm »

I don't think I have a 'best ever' driving music as long as its rock based does for me, here's a 30 second clip of me in the MGTF driving through Spain. I've got a compilation rock cd in, currently playing Peter Frampton - Show me the Way.
https://youtu.be/7QiG7ob1i70

good choice and good car too. ……...always great with the top down.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 02:14:58 pm »

Oh Fortuna from Carmina Burana.  Never heard it?  Oh yes you have,
Roy

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 02:24:35 pm »

Oh Fortuna from Carmina Burana.  Never heard it?  Oh yes you have,
Roy

oh yes, roy…………..have classic fm on in the car when the kids aren't with me, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXFSK0ogeg4

there's even some paintings of lifeboats in the backing video of this clip.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 04:07:10 pm »

Well done Neil, Classic FM number 1 on my selector.
Roy

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 05:29:31 pm »

Well done Neil, Classic FM number 1 on my selector.
Roy

its so soothing and calming when driving...…...for some years I drove and operated a mobile library for Lancashire county council...…..and it had a radio cd player...…….and the old folks used to love my music......Classic FM  ...they would stay until I had to move on to the next stop, to read and listen to the music...…...and no one EVER  complained...…..after 20 odd years teaching...…….it was the most wonderful relaxing job anyone could have chosen.

kinmel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 05:45:11 pm »

I prefer the "Big Ad" version of Oh Fortuna....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH3GH7Pn_eA

coch y bonddu

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 06:06:42 pm »

Only one song for me Bat out of hell ....meat loaf followed by the Fleetwood Mac The Chain

Dave

mrlownotes

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 06:38:30 pm »

Band - Deep Purple,  Album - '24 carat Purple'...........best particular track =  'Speed King'.

Bintur Ellenbach

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 06:59:03 pm »

Driving in my car Madness when rocketing down the A16 in my Reliant Kitten :D :D :D
Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

mrzippy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2018, 08:09:05 pm »

Where to start ? tis the season to be jolly therefore - Chris Rea's 'Driving home for Christmas'.

Soft rock n pop - Sniff'n the Tears one big hit 'Drivers Seat'.

Surely one of the all time great driving tracks - Golden Earring's 'Radar Love'.

Favourite car ? - owned a Mk2 Golf GTi over fourteen years, 350,000 miles didn't miss a beat -
one new clutch, changed the front discs from time to time, ate batteries and back silencer boxes
but retained the original manufacturers front exhaust box !
great little car in its heydays.
Paul

Dave_S.

• Full Mayhemer
  • Member of Oxford Model Boat Club
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2018, 09:59:36 pm »

I always have live recordings of the Grateful Dead playing when I'm driving. I very rarely listen to anything else.

My current car is probably my favourite, Mitsubishi Outlander, 2.3 diesel auto.
Ruining perfectly good kits since 1969.

KitS

• Full Mayhemer
  • Getting back into the hobby after years adrift...
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2018, 09:35:38 pm »

No contest, driving my now sadly deceased Stage 3 Vauxhall Sports Hatch in the 80s, sunroof all the way open, loud pedal all the way down, BMW 323s fast vanishing in my wake with Bachman Turner Overdrive's 'You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet' blasting from the speakers.  :-)

Ah nostalgia.........  :-))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99lyU5N--f8
Regards
Kit

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 09:59:44 pm »

Driving with my Dad in his MG Maestro 2.0 litre EFI listening to Silver Machine by Hawkwind

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IfniG-AdSC4

I was unfortunately too young to drive it but privileged to sit in the front passenger seat on many a trip across the country.
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

Tombsy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 10:01:57 pm »

I blew the fancy speakers in my old 76 Camero listening to Thin Lizzie, I barely avoided 8 track tapes, my first cassette was Golden Earring with Radar Love.
Brian

Grumpy Dave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2019, 10:30:23 pm »

Tombsy, Why avoided  8 Track? Much better than cassettes. Mathew and Son in my '60 Healy 3000. Bat out of Hell, Hotel California. in my Toyota pickup.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 11:01:12 am »

[/size]Tombsy, Why avoided  8 Track? Much better than cassettes. Mathew and Son in my '60 Healy 3000. Bat out of Hell, Hotel California. in my Toyota pickup.
Why miss 8 track?  Because it was a terrible bodge that never really worked properly or reliably, and died as soon as cassettes became widely available, probably after Phillips had got a good licensing deal for their cassette technology.  8 track cartridges, because they worked on a continuous loop that pulled the tape out of the center of the spool and twisted it under tension to get past the rest of the spool then twisted it back, put the splice under a very unreasonable strain at every pass.  Especially if it was a cold morning and the heater hadn't got the contents of the cab up to temperature.  As a BBC sound tech explained to me, if you want to undo a tape splice, you twist it backwards and forwards a few times.  A cold, brittle joint even more.  When cassettes became available with the same, or better, technical performance at a fraction of the cost and taking up a fraction of the space, and with the same content, the 8 track bodge was dead.
I never got into car CD, going straight to solid state.  I did appreciate Wallace and Grommits in-dash record player in their A35 van, though.

No real favourite tracks, I've got a few thousand on my USB stick that plays on random - it probably depends on the circumstances and what turns up.  But Miles Davis "Milestones" or Helen Shapiro "Fever" always lift the day a bit.  Or Yello doing The Race.  I remember putting that on repeat once.  Not a very long trip, and I did figure out how to get back to random.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Tombsy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 05:13:12 pm »

Tombsy, Why avoided  8 Track? Much better than cassettes. Mathew and Son in my '60 Healy 3000. Bat out of Hell, Hotel California. in my Toyota pickup.

I never owned any myself but it seemed like my friends had matchbooks stuck in the player to play at the right speed lol. Had a high school friend with a 69 Corvette that had only one 8 track, Iron Butterfly with "In-A-Gadda-[/size]Da-Vida"  :-) [/color]
Brian

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2019, 06:47:23 pm »

Drove back from the South Coast this afternoon on the A29 with a bright sunset and dusk descending. Had a compilation of Mike & the Mechanics on the stereo. Magic!
Colin

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2019, 07:18:13 pm »

No music in my MG at the moment. This is it 3 years ago in the UK, and the second one is today in Spain. She's been sat for 2 years waiting for me to sort it onto Spanish registration, I guess Brexit twisted my arm.
I have converted the headlight units to left hand dip and got them polished but still waiting to go back in, as per any modern car, you have to disassemble the entire front end to get them out! Notice the lack of engine under the bonnet - like all good modern sports cars, they put the engine not in the back but in the middle, so you get an empty bonnet space and a smallish boot space with the motor squashed behind the seats.

This makes any maintenance a royal pain in the butt, the only thing accessible from the top is spark plugs, anything else like accessory belt, cambelt, alternator clutch, necessitates dropping the entire rear subframe and motor out from under the car
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.