Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: windemere dolphins jumping hehe  (Read 5166 times)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
windemere dolphins jumping hehe
« on: September 24, 2007, 01:15:14 pm »

heres some video of a few dolphins jumping at windy  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ew0sQHPWqY

kurt cave sikk 27

Re: windemere dolphins jumping hehe
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 05:22:06 pm »

O0 it was one hard race.against all odds the sigma came first,and is now the champion,well done gary pope,with the sikk 27 engine,you should of came and said hello, :o

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 06:43:03 pm »

O0 it was one hard race.against all odds the sigma came first,and is now the champion,well done gary pope,with the sikk 27 engine,you should of came and said hello, :o
yes i would have had we had time ,sorry about that mate.we never found the place till the start of that race and had to leave before the end unfortunatley.Did you race in that one
Kurt?.I never saw a boat that looked like your new one also did Pete run his at all didnt notice Glenn there either.i did walk down to the lake just before that race and the little lass decided she needed to spend a penny so we had to go find the nearest  wc (bush) ::).Was looking forward to speaking to a few of the guys and would have if we hadnt been given duff directions, also that bloody sign for the boat club only been on one side of the opening didnt help .We must have drove past it 3 times at least,hope they change that as it was very frustrating to say the least.The day was a disaster to be honest but at least i got there in the end if only for a little while  >:( women grrrrrrrr ;D.Well done Gary ,just shows keeping out of trouble can pay dividends .Out of interest how many times did each boat flip? i know Gary did at least once and i saw one do it 3 times at least  :o.Certainly kept the rescue boat busy  ;D

kurt cave sikk 27

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 08:07:34 pm »

:D mine was the green and white apachee that didnt flip out but snapped a shaft half way through the race :'(

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 08:25:53 pm »

ahh no wonder i didnt recognise yer boat i thought you were running a blue and yellow one  ::),yea she went well and sounded fantastic too.I saw her stop didnt realise thats what had happened though.Wasnt great conditions for running boats though but thats how it is most weeks at fleetwood  ::).i hope i get some calmer water when i maiden the new boat  ;) lol.

kurt cave sikk 27

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 05:17:45 pm »

didnt run the new boat on sunday as it was to bad.plus it got damaged on saturday, :'( :'( still,thats racing O0

bigtee

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 05:27:44 pm »

kurt , a little bird tells me your new boat got " over taken " and damaged !!

tony

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 05:35:56 pm »

Whats happened to Danny [omra85] is he on the bottom of Windermere ?  :-\
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

kurt cave sikk 27

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 06:51:55 pm »

kurt , a little bird tells me your new boat got " over taken " and damaged !!

tony
      ;) not only did it get over took,the thing didnt like that water,still.i have only ran the boat once,and will do some more setting up for the next race and try again, O0 and i will keep trying till its right :D or as right as it will go,only time will tell.im thinking about maybe trying another diffrent one,not sure yet,but its all about fun,,,,,,and thats all im having ;D O0     kurt

kurt cave sikk 27

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 06:53:35 pm »

Whats happened to Danny [omra85] is he on the bottom of Windermere ?  :-\
:) no he done okay.it was a good weekend,tough but good.and thats what its all about O0

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Sea Shall Not Have Them
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 07:07:09 pm »

Danny had one of those weekends where everything went "boobs" up but i think we all had time off the water. It was rough but good clean fun.

All fingers and toes intact and ready for Bristol!

Simon
 O0
Rubbin is Racin!

ids987

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 08:48:44 pm »

All fingers and toes intact and ready for Bristol!

Would that be the pairs Simon ?

Ian

tmbc

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 09:03:01 pm »

well bigtee
kurts boat may have taken some damage on Saturday not bad considering its a new boat and only had approx an hour of runtime / set up
we know that on a calm day the boat will perform better than most as all the testing was done on calm water due to the recent weather we were totally unexpecting to get the boat even in the water on arrival at windermere never fear thou we wil return and show the boat to the best of its ability

at least he managed to keep away from the rescue boat and not go miles of course like some boats did at weekend !
and he kept a cool head

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 09:51:08 pm »

Hi Ian,

Indeed, Bristol pairs it is.

My Makara (as long as i get it rebuilt after Windy) and Andy Payne with his Pugsy.

Simon
Rubbin is Racin!

ids987

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 02:44:02 pm »

Hi Ian,

Indeed, Bristol pairs it is.

My Makara (as long as i get it rebuilt after Windy) and Andy Payne with his Pugsy.

Simon

Any damage sustained Simon ?

Ian

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 04:55:25 pm »

Ian,

Yes, you could say that.

The boat took a pounding due to the weather on the radio electrics box. Punched holes through the box. Retired both days. So I am in the process of stripping out the whole of the interior and fitting stringers, new radio box, new stinger etc.

Need to try and get it done so i can go testing on Saturday. Dont like running boats without testing especially in rough weather.

I think Bristlol will be similar to Windy!

Simon
Rubbin is Racin!

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 06:23:50 pm »

Sorry to hear about your problems Simon is it a plastic radio box? id use wood its much stronger ,ive never had a problem in rough weather even when ive flipped the boat its stayed put and no problems.I hate plastic tupperware boxes to be honest ,i just dont trust them.another way is to do without a radio box and mount the servos on the stringers and just have the rx in a small box with the battery,if you use corrosion x or similar from most motorcycle shops to spray inside everything no water wether it be fresh or salt will  hurt them and it lasts a year of normal use.I know the Americans use it a lot and a cpl i know never use boxes ever .Matt off rcu allways mounts servos on his stringers in his big boats some running quad zenoahs so if its good for him its good for anyone id say.heres a pic of one of his boats witht he exposed servos.this is a massive 106" fountain mono  :o..this boat is a work of art heres a link to his build pics in progress i believe.quad zenoahs two inlines  ;D.i want one dont think the wife will allow it though  :(.
http://imageevent.com/justaddwata/266m105fountainakacanoerepower;jsessionid=do0pd9r3j1.buffalo_s

bigtee

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 08:35:21 pm »

well bigtee
kurts boat may have taken some damage on Saturday not bad considering its a new boat and only had approx an hour of runtime / set up
we know that on a calm day the boat will perform better than most as all the testing was done on calm water due to the recent weather we were totally unexpecting to get the boat even in the water on arrival at windermere never fear thou we wil return and show the boat to the best of its ability

at least he managed to keep away from the rescue boat and not go miles of course like some boats did at weekend !
and he kept a cool head
mark , i think you got the wrong end of the stick when i said that kurts boat was " over taken " i was not implying that kurts boat was slow , indeed on the video it looks good and i know how much testing goes into new boats to get them as you want them . From what i heard kurts boat was driven over and damaged 

kurt cave sikk 27

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 09:42:28 pm »

O0 your right about it being driven over.thanks to my freind phil who lost all steering and decided to use my boat as something to stop him.but managed to launch his boat 3 foot in the air,still.it was not done on purpose.and thats all part of racing.all good fun ;D O0

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 09:43:43 pm »

I can honestly say that on the day from what i saw Kurts boat was the fastest on the day,but that said it wasnt a day for driving fast just ask Garry  O0.

omra85

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2007, 10:55:07 pm »

You should have said "hello" Mart - we wouldn't have thrown you in - honest  ;D ;D
I'd have even told you where your lass could have gone to a 'proper' toilet  ;)
The fastest boat of the weekend was probably the AA of Mark Copley as that was the only race that had flat water!!
Kurt and Gary struggled manfully, as did everyone else, except maybe Bernard and Robin who's "Magnums" love that kind of water.
It all ended up a bit of a lottery but I think everyone enjoyed the experience, I certainly did - it was a real challenge.
Danny

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 11:11:48 pm »

Cheers Danny i would have said hello had we had time it was just bad timing i guess what with getting lost etc  ::) theres allways next year and who knows i may even enter one of my boats but we will see  ;D.By the way it was my 4 yr old that needed the toilet not our lass  :o.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 22 queries.