Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SPEEDLINE 1/16 LANDING CRAFT LCM-6  (Read 1553 times)

narrowboater

• Full Mayhemer
SPEEDLINE 1/16 LANDING CRAFT LCM-6
« on: January 03, 2019, 12:56:58 pm »

Hello all and a Happy New Year to you all.

Has anyone recently built the subject kit and if so did you have any problems with the kit itself?
I am having all sorts of problems with lots of missing parts and some parts being wrong. I've (hopefully) attached a couple of photos to show what I mean. One shows parts of a ventilator and the holes should line up - 3 other ventilators parts do. The second are sides of the instrument desk and should be the same size, they aren't and which is the correct size, the instructions don't help? There are a few more 'errors' like that. The instructions are a joke being wrong in places, photos so dark you can't see what it is showing, sections missing and out of sequence, etc, etc.

I have emailed Speedline a few times but with the Christmas break I haven't had any replies yet.

If anyone has had a go at this kit recently (bear in mind it is the LCM-6 kit, not the LCM-3 as in the magazine article) can you let me know what problems you had and how you resolved them please.
Many thanks

narrowboater

• Full Mayhemer
Re: SPEEDLINE 1/16 LANDING CRAFT LCM-6
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 04:14:51 pm »

Quick update on this.
Speedline have now replied to my emails and basically admitted it's their fault for the missing and wrongly cut parts. They say they are working on it but haven't given me a date yet as to when I should receive the parts. I hope it's not too long as at the moment I am stuck with the build and cannot go any further with it.
Keep you posted!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.