Model Boat Mayhem - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Diving support vessel Well Enhancer scale 1:75 - v2  (Read 42369 times)

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
Re: Diving support vessel Well Enhancer scale 1:75 - v2
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2017, 03:17:53 PM »

Congratulations Josse - now on to important things :} :}

You are in Holland (Netherlands)? Surely you have outlets of the French Leroy Merlin chain there? We have them in Spain. Anyway on their section that has screws and nails (hardware) there is (at ours at least) a small section of plastic drawers that contain various size grubscrews. I bought a packet last week of 3mm and ten in a pack. It cost me 2 10c

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
  • Very passionate about ships
« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2017, 04:37:16 PM »

Thanks Brian!

That sounds like a useful start for my search, thanks a lot.

Greetings Josse
Under construction: diving support vessel Well Enhancer scale 1:75, a very big and very ambitious project that keeps on going and going till I finally solve all ambitious things about it and have it working.
A day without learning is a lost day

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2017, 11:52:24 AM »

Hey guys,

I took a holiday this week, partly to pick up building again.
I didn't manage to build as much as I'd hoped to but I did make an important step towards finishing the hull:

This is the newly made engine room layout. When I finished the clear plate seen in this photo and put the gearwheel on it I quickly started to realise that there might not be enough room underneath the deck to fit the propulsion the way I wanted it to be.
I therefore ordered the parts needed and watched how it would turn out, and indeed, it wouldn't fit under the deck.
Therefore I have decided to put the gears for the steering underneath the plate and place the propulsion V-belt directly above it.
The long brass shaft is a 10mm diameter hollow shaft which will be used to make the outer shaft of the thrusters and it will hold the drive shaft.
The shaft is a full 1mm thick, so I have no doubt it will be up to the job.

Greetings Josse
Under construction: diving support vessel Well Enhancer scale 1:75, a very big and very ambitious project that keeps on going and going till I finally solve all ambitious things about it and have it working.

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2017, 04:13:50 PM »

Hey guys,

Lately I've been thinking thinks over a bit, mostly concerning the bowthrusters and the rear azimuths.
I started thinking about 3D printing the needed parts, but this thought started an avalanche of thoughts, actually, an entirely new way of looking at the construction of the thrusters.
I have reached the point where I've decided I'd best put the thrusters back to the drawing board and design parts myself that are to be 3D printed.
As of yet I haven't found any time to make the design though I do have a new set-up in mind: a closed gearhouse with 1 removable end to which the propeller and needed gear are mounted. The biggest part will most likely (the design will need to make clear if this really is the best way to go) be made such that it enters the waterfree areas of the hull and be fitted there, thus I'll have much less parts whilst I keep the ability to maintain the parts.
Biggest challenge is to find some place where I can 3D print the parts for a reasonable price...

In the meantime I've made an Excel sheet in which I've appointed all the needed pins on the Arduino's to a certain function and a command so that I can use this to start programming the Raspberry Pi in the hull when I feel up to it.

Greetings Josse

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2017, 04:22:01 PM »

Looking good Josse.  :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!"    -   Mayhem FaceBook Group!

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2017, 05:26:30 PM »

Thanks Martin,

Hopefully I can find time and courage to continu working on Well Enhancer in the upcoming christmas holiday.

Greetings Josse

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2017, 09:23:45 PM »

Hi John,

Thanks for the help!

Graupner schottels are in my drawer here, I found them to be too noisy, therefore I decided to make my own.
The bowthrusters shown are about a quarter the size of the units which I'm building here.
Besides, the tunnels are already in place.

Greetings Josse

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2019, 03:15:27 PM »

Hi everyone,

Lately I've been too busy with the house and my pregnant wife to get to modelbuilding but now I've found some time to get at least something done.
Recently I finally got my head around a proper set-up for the touchscreen in the transmitter.
In this thought, which has now been translated into a visual design to which I only need to add the controls towards the boat itself, I made a fundamental design change regarding the use of the joysticks.
At first I planned on giving every joystick it's own function, I changed this to having 4 rows of 3 joysticks which will have software controlled functions.
For Well Enhancer this means that all these 12 joysticks will have 3 functions for each direction.
This saves a hole lot of on/off engine controls and saves at least 4 wires for each ROV which will result in a thinner wire attached to it.
Anyways, below some pictures of the software, please keep in mind that this currently is only visual, the text of the on/off functions changes but that is all at the moment.
Making this function is the next step.

The 2 sliders will be the only PWM functions that will not be controlled by a joystick.

All engine and rudder statuses have been set to 0, currently this is just plain text, it will be controlled by the joysticks at some point.

Greetings Josse

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2019, 05:17:31 PM »

Sorry, I cannot read the Yellow writing.

Len.

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2019, 05:38:19 PM »

Sorry, I cannot read the Yellow writing.

Len.

Its in Dutch I think
john

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2019, 06:13:03 PM »

Its in Dutch I think
john
Hi John,
That is correct.
The background colour will be grey all over but for some reason that is more difficult to do in the tabs then in the main page, I haven't found a way to do that yet.
Greetings Josse
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up