Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• Ellesmere Port Model Boat Club at Hooton Park : May 18, 2019 - May 19, 2019
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New Model Boat show - Hooton Park Trust, an old RAF Aerodrome, Ellesmere Port  (Read 17575 times)

canalpilot

• Full Mayhemer

Ellesmere Port Model Boat Club are organising a Model Show on the 18th. and 19th. May 2019 at the Hooton Park Trust, Ellesmere Port. We are inviting traders and Boat clubs to take part in the event. Any Trader or Model Boat Club who would like any information of this show would be most welcome, (I will need contact details from any trader who has not already been sent details) and similar contact details from any  model Boat clubs  interested.  We will also have some RC truck interest at the show.  For aviation enthusiasts there is also the opportunity to see the various aircraft items at the site and to view the restoration work that is currently on-going. 

canalpilot

• Full Mayhemer

A new Model Boat Show!!  On the 18th. and 19h. May 2019 there is a Model Boat Show at the Hooton Park Trust, an old RAF Aerodrome in Ellesmere Port, just off Junction 6 on the M53. There will be traders, boat clubs and RC truckers there. 

canalpilot

• Full Mayhemer
Model Boat Show
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 03:07:39 pm »

Hooton Park Model Show on the 18th. and 19th. may 2019.  A model boat show organised by the Ellesmere Port Model Boat Club.  Traders have been invited as have Model Boat Clubs for this two day event.  Further information is available, contact the EPMBC, we have a Facebook page.

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Model Boat Show
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 03:08:29 pm »

I'm not familiar with the facility so I'll ask the usual questions.  Will there be provision for sailing?  What's the parking and possibly overnight parking situation.   
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

coch y bonddu

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Model Boat Show
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 03:30:47 pm »

I'm not familiar with the facility so I'll ask the usual questions.  Will there be provision for sailing?  What's the parking and possibly overnight parking situation.

I know for a FACT there has already been a pool erected there and is in use by the club every weekend etc as for overnight parking that's exactly what I want to know as if so ill bring my tent

Dave

red181

• Full Mayhemer

the site is pretty much a museum in itself, I'm sure one of the club members will confirm this, the land is Vauxhall owned, and a few minutes away on the other side of the road part of the original runway is still evident, but that land is strictly private with access by code. I spent quite some time talking to the land owners, or at least their agents to gain access to the runway to fly an RC plane, but it was eventually denied on the grounds of security, such a shame as there is plenty of room, and it would have been an historic event flying a sympathetic to period plane from that site after all these years

The Hooton Park trust hold regular open days, where access to the hangers is permitted, it would be great if one of those days fell on this weekend.

All that said, I doubt overnight would be available due to the delicate nature of the site but I'm sure it will be confirmed

Great to see a group of enthusiasts getting together to give the modelling community something new, good luck with it, I hope its successful :-)) 

canalpilot

• Full Mayhemer
NEW MODEL BOAT SHOW
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 08:23:59 am »

A new MODEL BOAT SHOW at HOOTON PARK, Ellesmere Port.  The following traders have already signed up to attend, COMPONENT SHOP, MACS MOULDINGS, MODELS BY DESIGN, MOUNTFLEET and MASTMAN.  SHG and SCALE HOBBIES ARE are also coming.  There will be local Model Boat Clubs displaying their models, both on the water and static display.  We also will have a small part to include RC Trucks and Crawlers.  The Show is on the weekend of May 18th. and 19th. Hooton Park is an Old RAF airfield, listed as a historic site so there are aircraraft/ aviation items on display.   

morley bill 1

• Full Mayhemer
Re: NEW MODEL BOAT SHOW
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 09:37:22 am »

Hi do you have a postcode for the event  Bill...

Ralph

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 08:17:45 pm »

Sounds good, new shows are always good for the hobby. Will there be water available for visitors to free sail?

Ralph

Dave_S.

• Full Mayhemer
  • Member of Oxford Model Boat Club
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 08:24:36 pm »

We have relations on the Wirral, could be a good time of the year to pay another visit!
Ruining perfectly good kits since 1969.

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 08:41:46 pm »

The site address is The hangars airfield way ellesmere port CH65 1BQ
IT is at junction 6 on the m53 sign posted Vauxhall cars only 
Also invites have been emailed to clubs but if your club would like to exhibit send me a message with your club secretary email and I will send an invite
Thanks guys for your help

canalpilot

• Full Mayhemer

Hooton Park Trust is not owned by Vauxhalls as far as I am aware, it was given to the Trust and is now a Historic Site.
As for camping I am sure although one of our members will be on site overnight as will one of the traders in a camper van. I will enquire about a tent.
We currently have 5 traders signed up and hope to have at least another 3. There will be model boat clubs exhibiting their models.  We do have a pool which will be available to sail on. Catering will be mobile vans during show opening hours.

morley bill 1

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2019, 09:44:55 am »

Thanks for the details   Bill...

Skimmer Fan

• Full Mayhemer

Directions
Picture off Facebook
Regards
Skimmer Fan

Dan2010

• Full Mayhemer
  • time to sail the world and the 7 sea's

Hooton Park Trust is not owned by Vauxhalls as far as I am aware, it was given to the Trust and is now a Historic Site.
As for camping I am sure although one of our members will be on site overnight as will one of the traders in a camper van. I will enquire about a tent.
We currently have 5 traders signed up and hope to have at least another 3. There will be model boat clubs exhibiting their models.  We do have a pool which will be available to sail on. Catering will be mobile vans during show opening hours.

so could people potentially bring models up for the day display and sail ??
happy boating :D

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!

Yes of course

Skimmer Fan

• Full Mayhemer

Have you decided on an entrance fee yet?
Regards
Skimmer Fan

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!

Entrance fee is only £5.00 per person each day

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club

Hi, is the car park close to the venue ? I was told by a member of potteries model boat club who
Lives in the Wirral there is restricted parking and a shuttle bus will be operating from another car
park to take visitors to and from the venue. He is a prankster and may be playing a joke on me.
Could someone in the know please clarify this tail,

John

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!

We are still in negotiations with the firm on the other side of the inroad at hooton for car parking if that comes off you will indeed drive 10yards past the site and the vintage busses will give you a little ride so he is not pranking you lol more info will be put up as we get it also we are bringing in a toilet block for the show as work is still on going in the annex hope this helps
Steve

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club

Thanks for that Steve, you never know if its a wind up or not from this particular member
but he is also a very nice bloke.

John

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!

There normally the good lads hehehehe

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...

...Hi Steve...

Is there any word on Camping Overnight at the Show...

That would make it a great weekender...

...Best Regards...Norry...
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!

I will confirm camping / campervan/caravan as soon as possible and post it here
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.