Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: Retirement  (Read 183675 times)

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Retirement
« Reply #225 on: March 04, 2019, 10:51:41 pm »

Baldrick I have been retired over 20 +years + Colin the only reason I brought the topic up again as in the original posts there were  some who were only about to start getting ther  state pension . My mention of the  opting out was purely as an awareness warning should they not be allowing for that. As it was some  seemed  the reduction was not all that much Well I think different and said when I got my  next statement I would  confirm. I am looking forward to my weekly increase in August of 25p for being 80

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #226 on: March 05, 2019, 01:09:30 am »

Pretty sure I've signed off completely from work now.
The pin money was nice but life is too short.
The bonus is I don't have to consider getting up in the morning anymore and if I'm inspired I can play all night
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #227 on: March 05, 2019, 09:06:27 am »

Hi Jaymac being slightly ahead (mine was last July) of you I saved up my increase for a take away fish and chips for one, the missus will have to wait another 6 months to fund hers.  Seriously though, 25p a week increase, hardly worth the admin to give it.

regards

Roy

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #228 on: March 05, 2019, 12:41:51 pm »

Hi Roy If my missus was still with us she'd say oh that means you could keep another woman :-))
Cheers
Jay

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #229 on: March 05, 2019, 12:53:14 pm »

Wow that is really cheap!  All the ones I know are expensive.

Roy

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #230 on: March 10, 2019, 06:34:23 pm »

Well I’ve only gone and done it  :-))
I’ve just emailed my resignation to may agent  O0

ANDY

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #231 on: March 10, 2019, 06:54:16 pm »

you will not regret it  :-))
Steamed up all the time

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #232 on: March 10, 2019, 06:55:08 pm »

you will not regret it  :-))
Feels good thanks
ANDY

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #233 on: March 10, 2019, 08:59:19 pm »

I've been seriously reorganising my work space today. Have you ever seen anything like it  {-) %%
ANDY

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #234 on: March 10, 2019, 09:14:50 pm »

the electrical engineer in me doesnt like the look of those daisy chained extension leads, I trust you have calculated the load on that single socket?

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #235 on: March 10, 2019, 09:17:02 pm »

The first point of connection is of course fused at 13 amps so regardless of the other equipment this cannot be exceeded  :-))
However everything connected is very low current individually and not all used simultaneously
ANDY

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #236 on: March 10, 2019, 09:42:46 pm »

This LED lighting is typical of the loads, very cheap delivered from ebay. I've had these since December and only just made time to fit.

I used cable ties with a screw hole to fix to the redundant curtain batten. White ties may have been better

Makes a phenomenolololol improvement on the worktop after dark

Tomorrow I'm doing the wife's craft room. The joys of endless freetime  :-))
ANDY

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
« Reply #237 on: March 10, 2019, 10:21:05 pm »

2 questions
How do you keep the area so tidy?
How do you watch TV at the same time as making models?

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #238 on: March 10, 2019, 10:24:22 pm »

2 questions
How do you keep the area so tidy?
How do you watch TV at the same time as making models?
I don't keep it so tidy  {-)  today I've worked at it from the crack of Dawn, reason being I'm changing from one build back to another so literally clearing the deck.
The TV is mainly kept on FREESAT 200  News mainly, listening rather than watching whichever channel I have on or the radio channels.

The TV was in our bedroom but never got used so I diverted the sat cable and used an empty corner  :-) 
ANDY

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #239 on: March 10, 2019, 10:32:44 pm »

My system is the Layer system, anything you are looking for is always under something else.  The tidyness genes got left out of my genetic make up, so I struggle along as best I can.  There is no point in anyone else tidying up as I would have to start again looking for things.
I have a theory that putting things in 1 litre boxes and labelled is a great way to keep things.  None of these boxes fit in a nice way into any drawers I have, but the original contents (Ice cream) does tick a box in another list.
Regards.
Roy

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #240 on: March 10, 2019, 10:38:17 pm »

{-) :-))
ANDY

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #241 on: March 11, 2019, 02:45:13 am »

Retirement can be a catch up on the things that you were too busy or tired to do when working a 60 hour week

this morning, called @ the Blood Factory……[super swanky new 4 story building in Kembla Street with free underground parking]

just by chance, Lara saw me & we sploke ..she introduced me to the other staff like I was a long lost uncle or something
so the satff member [Suzie] reinrolled me as a current donor….complete with my Prescription drug total listing
re-established my record of 78 previous donations into the system
the understandable Q@A - [Stat-Dec] on health & life style & practices etc takes 20 minutes…….
I contributed 750 ml of whole blood which will be tested then given to some poor unsuspecting receipient
the painful finger pricking to check for Fe [iron levels] is now absolutely painless
no local anesethic……..the big needle  <*<  in the arm to drain the blood didn't even feel……

so afterwards, the chicken, lettuce  & Mayo Execuitive style sandwich [cut in triangles] on Multi grain was nice
vanilla milk shake with malt & ice cream was a bit thick for me
packet of salty Smith chips & 600 ml of spring water

Such fun & so nice the people, an appointment has been made for me in 4 weeks at the same Factory & snack bar…………
xo

Sent: Friday, 8 March 2019 4:31 PM
 Subject: Cloths bags from Lara

Bec….Lara has dropped off 1 x large bag for you
Megan….3 smaller bags for you…..I could bring them up next weekend Sunday the 17th??

Lara was wearing a Blood Bank Nurses uniform……..so we spoke about the old days when I started @ the Blood Bank 1975?......
Mentioned I got to 87 donations?...3 badges etc [25…then 50…then 75 ..missed out on my 100th]
Lara has been with  the Blood Bank for 15 years & said with the technology today, I could return [even with medication] and make donations of plattlets  only
It appears they take blood, process the fluid & return the blood back to the donor….minus the plattelets??
Something for me to consider
 xo
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #242 on: March 11, 2019, 04:07:45 am »

I used to give blood, back in the dark ages.  The nurses were very nice, god knows how many times they got propositioned.  It was only when I was in one place like on a company technical course that I was able to continue, Otherwise it was not possible dashing about as I was.

I have an unusual blood group (A Rh-) and I saw an advert on UK TV saying a young girl could not have an op because they did not have enough of my group.  So I rang the local blood transfusion service and offered.  The response was No we have enough thanks and what advert was that I was watching?  Not been involved since.
My brother however has only recently stopped and I know he was over 100 donations.  They had a celebration when he came in for that one.  Mind you he is as pale as sheet now so maybe there is a lesson to be learned?
Carry on the good work, I am too past it for them now.
regards
Roy

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #243 on: March 11, 2019, 07:12:13 am »

Hullo Roy……..I understand your comments re those  :kiss: Staff at the Red Cross, [so even too old…can always imagined :-X ]

According to……..we have some very interesting reading

"Landsteiner K, Wiener AS (1941)".

You as Rh negative….are in of the 16% that are not related to African Monkeys…..as some 86% of the population have the Rheus factor  of positive +,..or the same as the monkies :o
I too,  am Rheus negaitive, but in Group O…so am the universal donor….[it has been studied and put forward those  having the Rheus negaitive factor suggests we are from Alien mutation
So without taking too much space on MBM, we have ~~86% of our members that are related to monkies {-)
Accordingly that leaves both you and I in the Rheus Factor of Alien or and Royal blood :-))
Derek

PS...donating blood is a free activity to the donor........it is also a free checkup :-X
Derek Warner

Australia
www.ils.org.au

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #244 on: March 11, 2019, 07:20:08 am »

:((   {-)

O-  8)
ANDY

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #245 on: March 11, 2019, 07:39:59 am »

Do you know Derek that makes me feel a whole lot better.  I have wondered about those awkward b******s all around me.  I thought is was just me, now I know it is them! 

84% though....mmmm  I thought it was more!
I shall cherish those statistics when any one points the finger, I shall inwardly say to myself if only they knew.
My son said he tried to give blood here but as he was in the UK when we had mad cow desease they were not interested.
By the way our exclusive 16 % who are we related to?  I would actually prefer it not to be royal blood, judging from the ones we have coming of age.  Think I will stick to being an alien.
cheers Derek,
Roy

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #246 on: March 11, 2019, 07:44:12 am »

Sorry Andy......images or pictures of  Roy's, or and my RH negative ancestors  have been classified [not for public exhibition to the 84 to 86% of the 'others']

Roy......do not worry...whenever they speak, both you and I [and our 16% flock] will understand ......we not need to say anything.......

The Royal Blood..... appears it was due to 100's of years of the interbreeding of the Royal families between the European Houses of State .......

As from an OZ Convict stock point of view, pretty sure HRH the Princess Diana broke the chain.................Derek %) 

GODS, ANGELS OR ANCIENT ASTRONAUTS?Today, modern scientists, researchers and theorists are exploring and challenging long-held beliefs and scientific hypotheses on the origin of man and our ancestry. Included in this challenge is the question of who were these 'Rh negative' outsiders of legend that visited earth so long ago, and why do we find them in so many stories and artifacts that are unique in depicting their powers and their intermingling with humans? The stories left behind, and their relevance and influence, have been uncovered through the diligent protection of sacred texts and modern archeology. Many of the sources are well known, a part of common knowledge, while others continue to be brought to our attention via modern media.[
Derek Warner

Australia
www.ils.org.au

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #247 on: March 11, 2019, 08:47:37 am »

As from an OZ Convict stock point of view, pretty sure HRH the Princess Diana broke the chain.................Derek
If she didn't Meghan certainly has

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #248 on: March 11, 2019, 09:25:27 am »

The Royal Blood..... appears it was due to 100's of years of the interbreeding of the Royal families between the European Houses of State .......

Possibly the word being looked for is inbreeding, mongrels are generally the healthy, happy ones.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #249 on: March 11, 2019, 10:28:07 am »

Thank you, yes Malcolm....being an OZ [mongrel] Convict stock, I am not familiar with the subject or word......

Of course that sport practiced  by the earlier Royal families between the European Houses of State would have been inbreeding >>:-(

Derek
Derek Warner

Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 42   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.