Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1:18 Scale Wooden Tug FATCHUNG on E-Bay  (Read 2701 times)

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
1:18 Scale Wooden Tug FATCHUNG on E-Bay
« on: January 14, 2019, 12:06:17 pm »

...Hi Guys...

I have just received my Christmas present in the post Today from my Wife...
It is a kit of a 1:18 Scale Damen 804 Workboat called FATCHUNG which she bought from China on E-Bay...
Has anyone built this wee boat and can you give me any pointers on building it as there are no instructions in the kit...There is also some of the fittings missing ...
Here is a picture of the boat...

...Best Regards...Norry...
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...

Barry

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1:18 Scale Wooden Tug FATCHUNG on E-Bay
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 03:03:20 pm »

If it’s the same as the one I bought you’re better off sending it back. :((  I wish I had.
Apparently it’s a rip off design, there’s a bit of discussion about it on one of the American model boat websites.
There’s supposed to be some 3D printed parts to complete the hull that aren’t included. One of the hull frames is 30mm or so wider than the others. None of the locating lugs are there on the superstructure but the slots for them to go in are there. A lot of other parts are missing or useless. The slots for the hull frames/keel are very loose on mine, it’ll need packing at least a mm thick. The outer layer on the ply comes off very easily too.
They will email you the instructions if you ask, but any other support is non existant and I did try to get the missing bits but they played dumb. Only time I’ve left negative feedback on eBay.
Build able but?
Sorry to spoil it for you, but that’s my experience.

norry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 05:10:00 pm »

...Hi Barry...

Thanks for the reply...
I am awaiting a reply from the seller in China regarding the missing parts...I will let you know what happens...I will send them another message asking for a copy of the instructions...
Do you have the instructions on E-Mail ?, If so could you send me a copy and I will get them printed off...

I will give them a week or so to reply before leaving ( Negative ) feedback...

...Best Regards...Norry Mason...

Barry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 10:26:38 am »

Hi Norry,
If you'd PM me your email address I'll send them on to you. It's a PDF but it's too big to post here, 15 mb.
They provide a link that shows a build on a forum.

http://bbs.5imx.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1310268&e
xtra=page%3D3

With a bit of effort and patience I'm sure it can be built into a decent model. I was hopi
ng for a quick and easy build.

norry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 06:55:35 pm »

...Hi Barry...

Thanks Very Much...

That should help me a lot in my build...

I will keep you posted on how I get on with the missing parts...

...Best Regards...Norry Mason...

Dan2010

• Full Mayhemer
  • time to sail the world and the 7 sea's
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 09:30:53 pm »

it does look like a nice kit mind, lots of potential. hows your build going on this??

i think one if the kits from china you were saying had missing part on the american rcgroups thread might have been the RCdozzer tug kit.
1-18-ABS-Wooden-Mini-RC-Tug-Boat-Boat-Harbor-Tug-Model-DIY-Kit-Q1 .. if you want to have a look on ebay..

that too looked like a nice little kit, iknow a few people on a group on facebook started a build thread and some of them had issues with missing parts and parts too big or too small..
i held off buying on of those as theres a few different kits dotted about between ebay and banggood
happy boating :D

norry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 02:53:38 am »

...Hi Dan...

I am still waiting for the promised missing parts...Latest Excuse is " Supplier is away on Holiday "

I have been promised the parts but I honestly don,t think that they are going to arrive...

I have informed E-Bay and they are wary of the situation but don,t hold out  much hope...

I wouldn,t recommend this  seller ( ynaan ) to anyone...

...Best Regards...Norry...

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2019, 03:13:52 am »

...Hi Dan...

I am still waiting for the promised missing parts...Latest Excuse is " Supplier is away on Holiday "

That is a genuine excuse. I have been waiting 3 weeks for stocked parts, and I live in China.
Chinese New Year (Spring Festival) official holiday was from Feb 2-10.  Chinese people headed home anytime from the last week in January, most didn't start work again until Feb 12-13, some will not start until tomorrow (18th) .
I ordered parts on line on January the 30th. The supplier contacted us to say that the couriers had already stopped collecting (workers had gone home). The parts were finally shipped on Feb 13th. After a big holiday, there is also the backlog of deliveries. Things that normally take 2-3 days in the post have taken a week. This is not such a big problem if you are ordering from a Tier 1 city like Shanghai, Beijing, etc. , but if it is a small city or town, it is a real issue. Frustrating, but outside the control of the supplier. It used to be the same if you owned an Italian car or motorbike, and you needed repairs in August.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Dan2010

• Full Mayhemer
  • time to sail the world and the 7 sea's
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2019, 12:06:16 pm »

That is a genuine excuse. I have been waiting 3 weeks for stocked parts, and I live in China.
Chinese New Year (Spring Festival) official holiday was from Feb 2-10.  Chinese people headed home anytime from the last week in January, most didn't start work again until Feb 12-13, some will not start until tomorrow (18th) .
I ordered parts on line on January the 30th. The supplier contacted us to say that the couriers had already stopped collecting (workers had gone home). The parts were finally shipped on Feb 13th. After a big holiday, there is also the backlog of deliveries. Things that normally take 2-3 days in the post have taken a week. This is not such a big problem if you are ordering from a Tier 1 city like Shanghai, Beijing, etc. , but if it is a small city or town, it is a real issue. Frustrating, but outside the control of the supplier. It used to be the same if you owned an Italian car or motorbike, and you needed repairs in August.

ahh okay, have you started the build or you hoping to get the parts you were missing first??
im personally looking at getting one of the 1/20th sea imp kits from ebay, how ever im abit weary of it arriving with missing parts
happy boating :D

norry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2019, 12:23:56 pm »

I havent started the build yet as I am waiting to see what happens with the missing parts...All the parts to build the hull are there so I could start...Its the Fittings that are missing...Stern Gear, Samson Posts, Tiller Arm, Propeller & Drive Shaft also the Wheelhouse window frames & controls are all missing...

It looks like it could be a Rip Off of another kit as it is easy enough to copy the wooden parts...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 22 queries.