Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revell VW T1  (Read 1553 times)

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
Revell VW T1
« on: January 14, 2019, 03:04:36 pm »

Hi all, well I made a start on my 1:16  VW T1  223 parts and have to say from the off the fit of the parts is very good just the usual sprue marks to clean up and scrap off any mould joint marks, I've built other kits where you have to trim parts just to get them to fit reasonably, I think Revell have excelled on this one maybe because it's the larger scale, having looked at all the body panels etc. I can see it's such a nice model I may build as it's intended to be, I was going to kit bash it and make a camper instead of a bus I'll see how it goes.

Joe

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Revell VW T1
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 02:39:06 pm »

A bit more done, I hadn't realised there were so many differences between the T1 and the T2 that I had,  I mean apart from the obvious ones like windows,  side doors, my T2 had a flatter front, the engine air intakes were where the corner windows are on this one and the steering geometry was also different, anyway back to the model, the tires didn't spring onto the rims initially so I stuffed kitchen paper into the tires to widen the tires that did the trick and now fit snugly on the wheel rims, they supplied a spare wheel in the kit that is supposed to sit in the recess behind the cab seats, with the seats in place the wheel could not be seen, so I thought I would make more of a feature as it has quite good detailing, firstly I cut away the "boss" in the middle so it looked more like a VW wheel, I think I'll just have it in the rear load area,, I plan on spraying the bottom half orange like the one I had, I was going to spray each panel before assembly but decided to do this after assembly I thought it may make masking easier of course I maybe wrong, we will see.

Joe

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 04:58:20 pm »

A lot of fun building this one although carefully gluing 26 windows in was daunting, then while fitting the screen in front of the passenger side I put in down on top of a spot of glue on the bench that of course etched the surface, I said ho bother and stuff like that, after washing it in white spirit I spent half an hour polishing it with jewellers paste and it's not too bad, masking and spraying with VW Orange turned out ok, so now there's just a few chrome bits to fit.

Joe

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 03:33:30 pm »

veedub now finished,  the windows are supposed to have a fine black outline painted on them I couldn't see me making a very good job of that on all 26 windows so decided not to, in the words of Clint Eastwood " A mans got to know his limitations" anyway I've enjoyed building this one quite a nice scale to work with.

Joe

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 06:26:13 pm »

:-)) :-)) :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.