Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: driving licence  (Read 4324 times)

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
Re: driving licence
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2019, 04:59:27 am »

Two 'must haves' here.  Photo I.D. i.e. driving licence ( most places don't recognise government issued 'Working with Children Check' even though it has a photo) and a 'Medicare' card to prove you are covered by Medicare (NHS to you up there)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2019, 06:01:22 am »

'Working with Children  :police:  Check'.........BrianB6 .....when this was introduced in Australia it became a State responsibility...Victoria made it mandatory for compliance if in any way you were involved with children

NSW decreed a 10 question test to resolveif you needed a WWCC.............being on the Board of our Illawarra Live Steamers [open on set days to the general public & hence children] so I immediately applied & to set an example that it didn't >>:-( hurt

So we get a NSW Government WWCC Number [via e-mail]....no card ...no photo ID....just a Number.... O0
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2019, 02:15:15 pm »

passed motor bike test in 1948  my car one 1950  and while in the raf drove a manky old 3 ton bedford  now have a mobility scooter  0 to 4 mph all day  happy days  still have my old licence

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2019, 02:27:38 pm »

Upgrading to a photo card costs you and has to be renewed at intervals so no point in doing so unless you have to such as when hitting 70. Abroad just use your passport as ID.

In the UK I have a bus pass.  :}
Colin
If you have no credit record, as my wife has not, you cannot access your State Pension forecast via the Government Gateway \ HMRC \ DWP website. This is because in their wisdom, Accenture \ Crap Gemini or whoever, decided you need to verify your id via a credit reference agency to confirm you are who you say you are and access your forecast.

A UK photo id driver's licence is one of the documents needed amongst others, for agencies such as the Post Office \ Experian etc, to verify you are who you say you are on behalf of DWP \ HMRC. This verification can then be used to access your pension forecast via the Government Gateway \ HMRC \ DWP web site.
Utterly ridiculous but true. Some people do not have credit cards or bank accounts in their own name hence no credit record and rely on being second named on a joint bank account or authorised user on a spouse's credit card.
You can hire a car in Europe with a paper licence. You're supposed to get a pass code from DVLA before you leave and car hire firms are supposed to request this from you. However, most dont bother and still just hire on a paper licence but you could have issues without a code.
When you reach 70, you automatically lose the right to drive certain classes of vehicles from your licence unless you take a medical and apply to retain these classes.

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2019, 04:26:41 pm »

my mother will have problems verifying her identity when my father passes on, she has no passport, no driving license, nothing and doesnt pay the household bills so doesnt appear on them, she only has a bus pass as identity. she does have her birth certificate.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.