Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazon Prime "scam"  (Read 4999 times)

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Amazon Prime "scam"
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2019, 07:13:38 pm »

I use Amazon a lot so pay for prime - but was aware of this for quite a while.

However about 7 years back I switched insurance companies for my car and despite informing (by phone, email and mail) my previously insurers I would NOT be taking up the "generous" inflated quote my account was debited by them.

So in essence I had two car insurances at the same time and took a while to get canceled / refunded. In their small print the also a clause about contacting the police if they suspected you were driving without insurance...so :police:

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2019, 09:39:49 am »

However about 7 years back I switched insurance companies for my car and despite informing (by phone, email and mail) my previously insurers I would NOT be taking up the "generous" inflated quote my account was debited by them.

So in essence I had two car insurances at the same time and took a while to get canceled / refunded. In their small print the also a clause about contacting the police if they suspected you were driving without insurance...so :police:
My son was caught out by this last year. The insurance company offered the excuse that it is now law that a car has to be insured at all times - hence the reason for them renewing it even though he told them he no longer wanted their services. They told him it was his own fault, he had to notify them with evidence of the new insurers. This was a very large insurance company that advertises on the telly using a woman dressed as a pirate, not some fly by night.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2019, 09:59:49 am »

Thats the main reason why I pay mine in one lump manually.  It gives "them" a strong incentive to contact me, and prevents any nonsense about automatic entitlement to my money.
Up to a couple of years ago I was shopping around, winding up with quotes that were much of a muchness, then I contacted a non-comparison one.  Over £100 per year less, same cover, painless transfer.  The last couple of years their quotes have reduced, the competitions' have increased.  Not the lady dressed as a pirate, but the gangster enforcer character.  As ever, I'm hoping that I never find out whether they are any good at handling claims, but that is true whatever company you place your bet with.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2019, 11:09:51 am »

My Daughter has found the Gangster Enforcer Character's lot very good to deal with on claims which is obviously important. The Naval (not piratical) lady is easier on the eye though.

Always read the small print to ensure have got the cover you want. Some of the cheap quotes have a lot of limitations.

Colin

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2019, 12:14:04 pm »

I have been with the Bint in the tricorn hat for a few years (multicar policy)  have found them quite good but with insatiable appetite for walking the premium.  Usually they come down if you threaten them to change
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

LJ Crew

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2019, 03:34:18 pm »

I've just had another "Scam" call. Don't know what the bloke wanted but in the somewhat confused conversation he established that my name is John Dickins. And I learnt that his name is "David", and his second name is "Jones". No prizes for guessing where I suggested he went!

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2019, 04:28:24 pm »

Davey Jones, drummer with 1960's pop band The Monkees

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2019, 05:02:51 pm »

They were a con as well <*<
Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2019, 05:23:42 pm »

Sadly not quite correct. Micky Dolenz played the drummist; DJ was the impossibly cute one with the Manc accent and Beatles haircut that payed nowt except a tangerine...or summat like that. I could never work out whether they were lousy actors pretending to be good musicians or the the other way around. Mike Nesmith - the one with the hat - had the good sense to avoid their "comeback tour". I too was relieved of £7.99 by Mr Bezos under dubious circumstances. Like he really needed it? I've crossed him off my Christmas card list for 2019.DM
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.