Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revell 1.96 scalr thermopylae  (Read 1357 times)

dennis47

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Revell 1.96 scalr thermopylae
« on: January 17, 2019, 06:19:06 pm »

I have recently acquired the above model. It seems to be complate with respect to parts most of which are still in sealed bags. Unfortunately the purchase has come without instructions for either construction or rigging. Having previously built the Cutty Sark in 1.96 scale, I feel I may be able to wing it with respect to construction as the two boats were very similar. However  the rigging is another matter. I would be most grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction to try and obtain a copy of the missing instructions. Thanks in anticipation of any replies.

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Revell 1.96 scalr thermopylae
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 07:18:41 pm »

If you have rigged a Cutty Sark then rig the Thermopylae the same way. The rigging on ships was pretty much standardised to allow sailors to move ships and know the position of all the ropes without retraining.
Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

dennis47

• Shipmate
Re: Revell 1.96 scalr thermopylae
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 01:54:57 pm »

Thank you for your reply Jim. The box says that the ship can be rigged either as a square rigger as the Cutty Sark or as a barque with a fifferent sail configuration on the mizzen mast. I may favour the latter to show the different outline and feel that is where I would need a diagram for the altered running rigging.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries.