Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electronize:Gone for good??  (Read 10558 times)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Electronize:Gone for good??
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2019, 03:31:30 pm »

Not quite sure what you mean there Dave but if you are in business and deaf then the phone is perhaps not the best means of primary contact, even if it does have a little light on it as mine does.

It is easy enough to set up a second email address for business use to avoid your personal one being swamped with spam and a small classified ad in the magazine could give both this and the postal address.

Colin

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2019, 10:14:42 pm »

"Just for you Derek" ....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5cvRE4l0c0 ....ah thanks Bluebird  O0

I had watched the Video some years ago, and found the manual control of both engines interesting....[as they were even before my time].......

The chap in the blue overalls recording the engine telegraph commands during the initial maneuvering from the dock, is I suspect an Engineer with current certification....the other two chaps in white overalls being volunteer retired ex-engineers

This would be some form of insurance requirement as the vessel charges visitors an entry fee $$ for the vessel inspection and sea excursion

I am not sure if I would be too interested to visit the carpenters workshop........considering its use in her previous seagoing life <*<
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2019, 09:35:46 am »

I find this all a bit confusing! Being deaf myself I find it easier to communicate by email/text so why choose a phone number as main method of contact?  However it seems that neither the phone number or postal address are readily available so it doesn't give the impression that Dave is actively looking for business. There are no longer any adverts in Model Boats magazine either as far as I can see.

Colin

HI Colin im in the same boat (pardon the pun)  as im nr deaf after to many yrs in a trailer makein factory as a welder . An have hearing aids but they are not great as bring in a lot of back ground noise an its difficult to impossible to hear at time with the wind blowin if at the pond sailing my ship but I just muddele through if people talk to me an my wife helps me to answer any qeutions. But we tried to contact him an no luck  like you say it maybe he want to slow down in his life without people bothering him
chris

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2019, 09:46:50 am »

He also told me why he actually stopped making the 30 amp speed controller because people were connecting the battery around the wrong way and destroying the speed controller. 
Blimey! If I'd done that I'd have packed up business inside a month! As Craig Talbot (the 'ACT' of Action) used to tell me, "There's little you can do to proof anything against a really determined idiot". Fortunately the 'old-fashioned' ESCs with through-hole soldered components are easily repairable - unlike the fully-waterproof, surface-mount technology potted designs. It's always been the case - at least in my experience - that 50% of the ESCs sent for repair actually have nothing wrong with them, while 40% have been connected with the battery polarity reversed. Of the rest, most have either been overloaded or left to corrode in standing water in the bottom of a model.
Colin - You of all people must admit that if you're deaf then you'll probably not hear the phone ringing in the first place. It's not as easy to ignore a text, E-Mail or letter.
DM
AN hi Dave yes you are right about destroying the esc it amazes me that happens  because the wires are colour coded red for positive an black for negitve an I always put an in line fuse in the positive side
chris

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2019, 02:06:18 pm »

Hi Chris,
 I like you am like you almost totally deaf two aids the strongest they make  in the middle  of getting one fixed to my skull uses your skull bone to send sound straight to your inner ear, but not a cochlear but told Doc, it must have a off button so II can turn the wife  off when I need/want to that's the great thing about model boating you can do it on your own. sorry to all for going off thread.
                    Regards Howard. 

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2019, 05:16:53 pm »

Hi Chris,
 I like you am like you almost totally deaf two aids the strongest they make  in the middle  of getting one fixed to my skull uses your skull bone to send sound straight to your inner ear, but not a cochlear but told Doc, it must have a off button so II can turn the wife  off when I need/want to that's the great thing about model boating you can do it on your own. sorry to all for going off thread.
                    Regards Howard.

HI Howard no worries about goin off thread pm sent to you
chris
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.