Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stevenage Model Boat Club - New Website  (Read 2444 times)

Andyn

• Full Mayhemer
Stevenage Model Boat Club - New Website
« on: January 20, 2019, 07:51:58 pm »

After an unfortunate event, we no longer have access to our old website login, so I'm happy to announce SMBC has a shiny new website :-))
It's currently a work in progress, and feedback is appreciated, though it's a good improvement on our old one. More to come as time passes.
Link is http://www.stevenagemodelboatclub.org.uk/

Harveykitten

• Shipmate
  • 1 tug 2 tug 3 tug 4
Re: Stevenage Model Boat Club - New Website
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 09:51:44 pm »

We are also starting up a You Tube channel at beginning of Feb 2019
Just search for Stevenage Model Boat Club on YouTube

robbob

• Full Mayhemer
  • Time flies like an arrow;fruit flies like a banana
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 12:13:50 am »

Hi Andyn.

Looking very good  :-))

I have just updated the 'Other Clubs' link on the St.AlbansMES website to your new site.

https://stalbansmes.com/links-2/

Robbob.

Harveykitten

• Shipmate
  • 1 tug 2 tug 3 tug 4
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 09:33:22 am »

Hi Robbob,
Thanks for the updated link on your site, which is also looking pretty good :-))  Blue is a popular colour apparently!
Actually I have 'taken over' the website operations, co-admin on the Facebook page and have just started the youtube channel (blow own trumpet now... :} [size=78%]) [/size]so we can get more  stuff out there to promote SMBC. A lot of initial work going on for the next few months with all this, as well as trying to start my RAF crash Tender (spoke to you at Ally Pally). Cheers, Steve (AKA Harvey Kitten)

robbob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 03:28:32 pm »

Hi Steve.

A similar situation with the St.Albans website that was looking a bit tired and very dated and certainly didn't do justice to the splendid reputation and ability of the club and its members.
Although a relative 'new boy' I offered to have a go at building a new site for the club, my only previous experience of website authoring was limited to a small WordPress test site of my own hosted on my sons servers.
This proved to be an incentive to learn WordPress in greater depth and the results you can now see.
The https://stalbansmes.com site is also very much work in progress too, and I'm also encouraging club members to supply me with content to fill the galleries and articles pages.
I also created a YouTube Channel and another members looks after the Facebook page.
I have also installed a few extra plugins to beef up the site security, and also an SSL certificate to make it a https:// secure site which improves the sites ranking and assures visitors of it's security too.
The site colours were chosen to harmonise with the colours in the club logo and create a 'brand' look...the members seems to like it, and the text sizes are not so small that 'old eyes' would have a problem reading, we're all getting on a bit!
I recall our conversation at the Ally Pally show, get started on that Fire Tender soon!
Kind Regards.
Rob.

Harveykitten

• Shipmate
  • 1 tug 2 tug 3 tug 4
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 05:22:57 pm »

Hi Rob,
I have a background in broadcast media -mainly camerawork & editing - but websites were an offshoot, and I maintain a few sites for a business colleague. "...Get on with the Crash Tender..." haha! having to make a few repairs to current boats at the moment. My Paddle Tug Iona lost drive to starboard paddle on thursday at the lake, after I had fitted a camera mount to it. Didn't quite go round in circles as some expected! I was hoping to get footage of the tug and other boats... maybe this weekend if the weather is OK, as repairs are complete now.

I had a look round your website for footage of your RAF Crash Tender... have you a link?

regards

Steve

robbob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 05:43:21 pm »

We have pretty identical backgrounds then, mine included all aspects of audio recording and post too.
Now retired I have more time for 'messin' with boats.......and websites.
The lack of any decent footage of my Crash Tender in action is mostly due to not being able to operate the model and shoot any decent video to my standards at the same time!
Like you I'm waiting for the weather to inprove so that I can rig my GoPro to the boat and also get one of my camera buddies to shoot a nice sequence in 4K while I drive it.
Rob.

Harveykitten

• Shipmate
  • 1 tug 2 tug 3 tug 4
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 09:13:36 am »

Happy to come down to your lake to shoot some video with you... only bog-standard 1920 HD tho... not 4K!
need some less rainy weather tho.

Steve

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.