Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• St. Albans: September 28, 2019 - September 29, 2019
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: St. Albans - 2019  (Read 2509 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
St. Albans - 2019
« on: January 22, 2019, 06:56:34 am »

The BIG St.Albans Model Show

28th & 29th September 2019

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
Re: St. Albans
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 10:59:05 am »

as usual, Luton will sattend and help on the boating pool, as well as drinking tea and eating cake!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
Re: St. Albans
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 02:05:19 pm »

So it was you lot eating the cake!  I missed my favourite, "All gone" they said.
Roy

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: St. Albans - 2019
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 09:02:41 pm »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 07:50:12 am »

Hi all,we have brought nearly everything under cover for today.  So there is quite a lot of live steam all running under cover.  We did manage some flying yesterday and will have to see if there are any dry spells today.
Our ground level 5 inch gauge sit on board electric train can be driven by 5/6 year olds and they love it.
All going well inside lots to do and see.
Regards Roy

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 11:13:51 am »

Hi all, The Show went very well.  The weather was not as friendly as it usually is but we utilised an under cover space that housed live steam.  We do have plans of the exhibition layout but last minute changes due to weather do not get to all visitors.
We had 1300 visitors this year and they completed a survey with a return of over 30%, so a fair indication.
If any exhibition organisers want to contact me for the kind of responses we received I shall be glad to oblige.

Everyone enjoyed it, not one negative comment about the show that was within our control.  The interactive part is very popular and we had a wide range of interests.

Clubs and societies that do exhibit at exhibitions and are the lifeblood of the hobby should be aware that the public like to talk to you and encouraging smiles and eye contact go a long way toward a visitor having a good time. 

Also clubs should think of why they are there and have a focus on something to show and demonstrate.  If you are looking for new members, and who is not these days, then do something to encourage someone to want to join in.  Many find the quality of models on show too daunting to attempt.

Thanks to all the clubs that spent the weekend with us and especially all those who helped with the heavy stuff, that is what makes the exhibition possible.

Kind regards,
Roy

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.