Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bismarck  (Read 5439 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Bismarck
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2019, 04:40:25 pm »

{-) {-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2019, 06:35:11 pm »

It's an interesting build out of the materials mentioned this time instead of a wooden hull, even the deck appears well reproduced.

However, that chap in the Youtube video... what a heathen! I'm a plastic kit modeller too and I can't understand that he uses sprue cutters to cut up the sprues into usable sections and then proceeds to twist the plastic part off the sprue tree! My God! He's got a purpose made tool in his hands that he has just used and he makes that horrendous mistake, failing that you could use a scalpel! I may have done that when I was ten and as an adult modeller I can afford tools but to ignore the tool in his hand totally bewilders me! :o %%

Or is that just me?!? %)
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2019, 07:47:39 pm »

and then proceeds to twist the plastic part off the sprue tree!
Or is that just me?!? %)
I buy lots of half-built kits and you would be surprised at the poor quality of people's kit building.  Twisted-off parts, not trimmed or fitted, big splodges of tube glue, sticky fingerprints, massive gaps etc.  I'll bet this kit produces lots of half-built disasters for ebay in a year or so.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2019, 01:23:50 am »

... and he's going to regret not using a cocktail sticks for the superglue, he's already had to do a wipe off... but got away with it.

Should be an interesting series.  :-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

patrick simmonds

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2019, 03:12:49 pm »

just noticed on episode 2, he has passed comment on the comments here. I have the trumpeter Bismarck kit and hood, with the dx mk1 kits. I have just got 1 and 2 of this build. very very expensive, but so far very good quality pieces, including steps already shaped to fit. very detailed, and if careful easily put together.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.