Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: E bay not always so good  (Read 1228 times)

tugmad

• Full Mayhemer
E bay not always so good
« on: February 01, 2019, 04:48:43 pm »

just seen on e bay a hazelgarth tug hull sell for £68 plus postage, I have just bought one from the manufacturer new for £60 plus postage , the postage is the same in both counts,
So not always a bargain to be had on E bay.

Andyn

• Full Mayhemer
Re: E bay not always so good
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 06:34:22 pm »

That will be the seller raising the price to cover the additional expense of eBay fees, along with the likelihood of PayPal fees too...

RST

Re: E bay not always so good
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 08:50:27 pm »

Always caveat emptor with EBay or any other purchase these days.  I used to be very involved with cars, and folk would flock to any product listed as *RARE* in the descriptin and pay silly money.  Often the part was often still available from the usual channels, at regular prices.  Also, folk couldn't see past cheap reproductions + shipping on EBAY, versus the same overall cost for a genuine product and walk into the local store to pick-up.  If you want to get into a debate about mail ordering -I remember an old colleague of mine ordering something mail-order.  When the box turned up at work, I asked why he didn't just go to the shop to buy.  Response was he "wasn't going that way".  The shop was 400m away from our workshop for goodness sake!  But then he would probably mail-order a bar of soap from Amazon if he ran out to save going into the shop he walked past.  The yoofs' of today!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.