Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bureaucracy  (Read 1226 times)

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
Bureaucracy
« on: February 06, 2019, 06:24:06 pm »

Hi all, a little event in my day.
I get my NHS prescriptions from the pharmacy in Sainsburys, they are <200 metres away from my GP surgery and connected to accept prescriptions direct from my GP.
I had a query raised by the doctor and passed on by the pharmacy.  I said I would call in at the doctors.  I walked in to doctors there is no one else there waiting and I spoke to the receptionist.  My query could only be answered by the doctor, it was a during a one hour window when I can phone and talk to a doctor.  These calls are put through by the receptionist I was talking to.

Have you got a mobile phone?  No, I said.  Then you should go home and ring from there!  (I needed an extra item on my prescription, asked for but left off my repeat form)

At this point I started laughing!

I suppose I could ring she said, she got a quick response but I was not allowed to talk to the doctor!
The doctor was in a room nearly 4 metres away.  But she never appeared.

It was mostly resolved, the extra item was prescribed for me but took 3 1/2 hours to get to the pharmacy!  I had gone back to the pharmacy and after 10 minutes waiing they kindly said they would ring when the prescription arrived.

God help us if we get fully automated.
Regards
 Roy

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Bureaucracy
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 10:17:49 pm »

Now Roy.....surely you are not suggesting your health system is being taken over by people formally trained in 4 year University courses of Machiavellian studies?  O0 

cunning, scheming, and unscrupulous, especially in politics.
"a whole range of outrageous Machiavellian manoeuvres"

"devious, cunning, crafty, artful, wily, sly, scheming, designing, conning, opportunistic, insidious, treacherous, perfidious, two faced, tricky, double dealing, unscrupulous, deceitful, dishonest"

It certainly is happening in OZ.....
%)  ........... Derek

Just be careful next time you go shopping on the Central Coast  at Woy Woy with your No1 Son

https://www.nbnnews.com.au/2019/02/06/police-back-down-on-peninsula-parking-fines/

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 10:34:39 pm »

Hi Roy
I switched to system online it's called. I can request medications there and a doctor will check my request and say yay or nay. I also recently registered with pharmacy 2 you and my drugs come through the letterbox  :-)
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 11:32:38 pm »

Went to my Docs today for my Hb1ac1 test or whatever its called. Have it every 6 months. Got on motorway (m1 junc 12) only to get to 11a to hear that there is a 1.5 hour tailback to junction 10, and i cannot get off the motorway as all the roads are blocked. Go on website 0844 number. ring 15 times between 8am and 8:50. auto answer that there is no one to take my call. ttraffic starts moving. get to surgery at 09:09.....1 minute before my appointment. log in. wait 5 mins. nurse comes out. takes me into room, now this is a new new nurse, so I ask her where all the old nurses are. They left last October as they felt they were not being supported by the staff. I was also informed my surgery had bheen taken over by another surgery and that my Doctor, who I have not seen in 14 years, left 8 years ago! Alwso that I now did not have a Doctor, but a floating practice, meaning that I can phone up the surgery and get to see a Doctor in one of 4 health centers......
When I quered about why the phones were not being answered, I was told that number was out of date and had not been used for nearly a year. these phonecalls, I have since discovered cost me nearly £10 as I used my mobile!!!
Disgusting...looking for a new surgery!!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 02:37:44 pm »

A couple of years ago one of my lads who lived at home had to have some tests at the local hospital, arranged via our local Dr's practice.
A number of weeks later, the home phone rang and I answered. caller asked to speak to my lad. Now, at this time, we were getting plagued with cold calls so I asked 'Who's calling please?' Caller said 'I cannot say.' I replied, 'Im the parent and householder, you can tell me who's calling else Im not calling (son) to the phone, who is calling please?'
Again, the caller refused. I said 'Well, Im sorry, Im not calling him to the phone due to the number of cold calls we get.' At this point the caller hung up.
Turns out it was our local practice who was calling but they decided to hide behind the then Data Protection Act. I worked a couple of times with the Information Commissioner's Office on IT projects and I know, when being asked in a telephone call who you are, is not something you cannot discuss.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.