Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Futaba R147F receiver aerial  (Read 1603 times)

Korp1010

• Full Mayhemer
  • Hard a Starboard!
Futaba R147F receiver aerial
« on: December 22, 2018, 06:08:22 pm »

Hi all

I could do with some help repairing a 40mhz Futaba R147F receiver that I received with a model, the grey aerial wire has been cut quite short and needs replacing so I need to know where I can get the correct gauge grey wire from and also how long the receiver aerial should be.

I'm trying to keep the receiver as factory spec so would like to get the correct grey wire if possible and if someone has one and could measure the length of aerial from the case to the tip that would be a great help.

Thanks

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Futaba R147F receiver aerial
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 07:32:42 pm »

Good news, I have a 147 rx, bad news, the antenna has been cut.....however, I have a Futaba R118rx, 1 metre, a R168DF, 1 metre, and a R114f mini, 69cm. Also Graupner/JR E14 SSM 40K 97cm and JR NER-844X 81cm. So, on balance, it's probably another 1 metre antenna. As far as the wire is concerned, don't know, but I would guess 7x0.2mm strands, which is pretty standard stuff.
Hope that helps.
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

Korp1010

• Full Mayhemer
  • Hard a Starboard!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 08:08:37 pm »

Good news, I have a 147 rx, bad news, the antenna has been cut.....however, I have a Futaba R118rx, 1 metre, a R168DF, 1 metre, and a R114f mini, 69cm. Also Graupner/JR E14 SSM 40K 97cm and JR NER-844X 81cm. So, on balance, it's probably another 1 metre antenna. As far as the wire is concerned, don't know, but I would guess 7x0.2mm strands, which is pretty standard stuff.
Hope that helps.

Hi

Thanks for the information, I have measured the csa of the copper antenna and it is 0.5mm and with the insulation 1.25mm, if it is just normal wire i'll see if i can order some from ebay or component shop. Will just have to do a range check once renewed.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 10:07:08 am »

On 40MHz, the wire gauge and insulation thickness is fairly uncritical.  Just needs enough of both.  The over-ridingly important thing is overall length.  The best bet is to measure a working one and copy that.  While there is a theoretical "best length", a lot depends on the design of the tuning stage. 
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.