Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Associazione Navimodellisti Bolognesi - anyone dealt with 'em?  (Read 1724 times)

NickelBelter

• Full Mayhemer
Associazione Navimodellisti Bolognesi - anyone dealt with 'em?
« on: February 21, 2019, 08:13:23 am »

Looking for plans for the Italian 'Gabbiano' class corvettes and I've found two places that seem to be linked back to this organisation selling them.  One is the ANB itself, they have a pricelist on their site but it's all in Italian and tricky to navigate.  Then, there's a 'Naval Culture Institute' (my translation) also offering plans, but it seems like you have to be a member to purchase from them, and it also seems like its just another name for the ANB group. 

I'd appreciate if anyone who's ever had dealings with this group could tell me - is it easy enough to buy from them?  do they sell to filthy foreigners like me?   :}   and what kind of plans do they have, builders plans or plans drafted off of them, like PM?
I'm interested in tiny versions of regular size things.

admiralbb62

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
    • CNC Models
Re: Associazione Navimodellisti Bolognesi - anyone dealt with 'em?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 08:55:43 pm »

I have gotten several plans from them.  Quality varies.  The only payment they accept is a credit card so I mail my number.  Bit of a pain but they get here eventually.  I live in the US.
Charles

swiftdoc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 07:06:29 am »

I have bought the plans for my Bigliani class build from ANB. They are decent Italian chaps. The plans are copies of the original ones from Intermarine/Sarzana. I would suggest asking them via email if they despatch to Canada. My contact was via email as well (I do speak Italian though). If you should face any problems, send me a PM and I will translate for you. Payment was easy for me by bank transfer as I live in the EU. Delivery took about one week.

Kind regards
Arno

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 09:50:30 am »

If you don't mind using Google, then https://translate.google.com/ is pretty good. The dictionary of technical terms, and compound nouns is pretty good now. The grammar might be a little bit off, although it does translate whole sentences generally well, but you will be understood. You can easily copy and paste any messages and replies to and from Google translate to emails.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

NickelBelter

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 08:43:34 pm »

Thanks to everyone who responded, but I think I'm going to hold off on any orders for a bit as I've found a card model supplier that can give the the lines I need to try producing my own fiberglass hull.  The particular vessel I'm looking at is very 'top-heavy' looking and so if I produce the hull and it proves unsuitable, I can just chalk it up as a learning experience.  If it floats the right side up, then I can lay out the big dollars for the plans.   ok2
I'm interested in tiny versions of regular size things.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.