Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new winter project 60"cat  (Read 1775 times)

kurt cave sikk 27

new winter project 60"cat
« on: September 21, 2007, 05:30:17 pm »

;D Well.i have decided to build a 60"cat over winter as i want to see what i can do with one of these :D power will be 2 sikk engines ,not sure how i will mount them yet, :o this will be a long build as cats are abit unstable,or can be,so this will be abit of a challenge, ;) and i would like it to handle as well as it looks.this boat will be used for fun only and to showboat something abit diffrent from my normal builds, O0 please check out photos and watch this space O0 O0 kurt

pete_486

Re: new winter project 60"cat
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 07:01:36 pm »

Hi Kurt nice pussy oh i mean cat  ;D
i will be watching this build very closely its a beaut  O0, and what's more ill have the chance to see it GO maybe and do some vids i cant wait.  8)

cheers........Pete

kurt cave sikk 27

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 10:13:06 pm »

O0 hi pete,thanks mate.this should be a interesting one :D looking forward to starting it soon O0 hopefully it will go well too :P

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 01:20:49 pm »

What cat is it Kurt ? id say in all honesty that cat will out perform all your other boats both speed wise and handling wise with twin motors.Ive never heard of a big cat that doesnt handle well in rough water,you also might want to consider using an inline zen setup that way you will find it easier to get the motors running well as when running side by side you will allways have problems getting two engines to run equally but i guess you allready know that .Will you run twin props or single?, a mate of mine in Aussie is building one with twin props through a counter rotating gear box.Mind you for the inlines you will probably need to run zens not your beloved sikk  ;).You might want to join rcu and ask on there as there are lots of guys building big cats  or who have run them etc.Im planning a cat build for next year too so ive done quite a bit of research into them ,most guys reckon a big cat is the way to go .Have you seen the sonic cats? they will handle anything thrown at them and will accept two  inlines thats 4 zens or evn more which i believe one guy on rcu is planning in the future :o.heres a link to the sonic cats also look at these pics and see how well they handle the rough stuff  O0.
http://sonicracingaustralia.com/index.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.