Model Boat Mayhem - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deans Marine - SY Medea?  (Read 825 times)

john melville

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Deans Marine - SY Medea?
« on: March 04, 2019, 04:56:56 PM »

Hi All, I am a newby, I would like info on the deans kit media, if any one have one for sale, I would be interested  in one already built as I am no good at building, or if I buy a kit would anyone be interested in building one at cost. I live in Caterham surrey.
regards  john.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Deans Marine - SY Medea?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 06:37:07 PM »

John,

I have a Deans Medea but I'm afraid it is not for sale.

The kit does have quite a few problems and is not the easiest to build as there are discrepancies between the drawings, kit parts and the fit of some of the components. It is also unclear just what period Medea is depicted as the original vessel has been considerably modified during its life and the kit doesn't seem to match any particular period.

It is possible to make a good looking model from the kit but more as a generic steam yacht of the period rather than Medea herself and I made quite a few modifications and improvements to mine. It does perform very well on the water.

I rather doubt if anyone would be willing to make one at cost as there are many hours of work entailed unless you are willing to pay some form of hourly rate.

Colin

john melville

• Shipmate
media
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 08:06:58 PM »

hello all,
I have been involved in ic racing for a long time now its time for a change to scale, I fancy a deans kit the media, or a fishing boat, anyone got one for sale? ilive in Caterham surrey
john

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 09:32:33 PM »

( Hi John, topics merged / moved here!  )   :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!"    -   Mayhem FaceBook Group!

john melville

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 10:03:18 AM »

Hi Colin,
thanks for your reply, and info, your media looks great, I was told by a club mate that deans kits can be a bit iffy,
I am in the elmbridge model club, we have our own lake, near Chertsey just off the m25.
john

Fred Ellis

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 04:41:46 PM »

Hi John

Have a look at this site I do know Alan and I have bought a model off him http://www.spanglefish.com/schoonerrcgroup/ I see that he has the following for sale( I am in no way connected with him)
Caldercraft Milford Star,this small attractive side trawler, so typical of the thirties and forties was a conversionto a peace time Trawler from one of eight round table class minesweepers built around 1943 for war service
The Model has a fibreglass hull with single motor and speed control,rudder servo, working lights, and boat battery,boat stand 200.00 ring 01903 264387 or go along to the Crawley MBC Pound Hill Community centre on Worth road in Pound Hill ,Crawley. We meet every other Tuesday at 7.00 pm.

Fred
That's all right, Mr Ryan. My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month.

john melville

• Shipmate
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 09:19:55 PM »

HI fred,
thanks for the info, I have been in touch with alan, hopefully I will do a deal with him.
regards,
john.
Pages: [1]   Go Up