Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• The Model Boat Convention 2019 - 30th Anniversary: August 25, 2019 - August 26, 2019
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Model Boat Convention 2019 - 30th Anniversary  (Read 11009 times)

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: The Model Boat Convention 2019 - 30th Anniversary
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2019, 08:41:35 pm »

Things rarely decline overnight. My observation is that participation in model boating has been in decline for at least thirty years, having reached a high watermark in the early to mid eighties, but it's starting to become more pronounced as many who were participating back then are now in advanced years or no longer with us.

To get a younger crowd involved requires informal events where the emphasis is on enjoying yourself.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2019, 09:45:18 pm »

One thing show orginser should consider is timming of the show.
Summer hoildays people are away . Then to put it on a summer bank hoilday is madness. A lot of people will have made other plans see friends family things etc . The traffic is always bad on summer bank hoildays. Had they pushed the show back one weekend  to this weekend comming. I would have said more people would be avaible to exibite and more people would be able and willing to travel.
Just thoughts .

Think it has been this weekend for 30 years., or at least a vast majority of them.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2019, 10:25:43 pm »

Yes that is true. But the reason I have never previously attended is due to family commitments over the Bank Holiday.

Whilst I did enjoy the show this year, the horrendous traffic would put me off in future.

Colin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.