Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello I知 new and interested in Pond Yachts  (Read 978 times)

Silly Moo

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hello I知 new and interested in Pond Yachts
« on: March 25, 2019, 10:10:38 am »

Hello,

Thank you for allowing me to join.

Firstly thank you to the moderators for their email explaining how the forum works, it is good to know that it is well run.

I have recently bought a couple of vintage pond yachts to add to a rather eclectic collection bought over the years.

I now have two Giner yachts from Spain, a Bosun yacht bought at a vintage car meet in South Africa,  a Bowman Aquaplane, a Star SY-3 and two William Ninian of Clyde 1930s yachts.

It is the Ninian yachts that intrigue me the most as they have beautifully shaped hulls, as they aren稚 complete I have no idea how well they sail. I have been trying to find out about their maker William Ninian but have drawn a blank.

My aim with my collection is to restore the yachts but not to over do it so that they lose their character. The Star yacht has been quite easy to do as there is an appreciation society and a lot of spare parts are available. I have also contacted the Vintage Model Yacht Group.

My Bowman yacht is in excellent condition and only needs new sails. The others are also in good condition and need very little work. It痴 those William Ninian yachts that will be the most interesting to do.

My main hobby is model railways so I have some experience of using paints and varnishes but they have never needed to be waterproof! I am hoping to learn from the experts about painting model yachts.

I have also joined the FaceBook group and was sent a message by someone with a link to another page and a person with an interest in vintage pond yachts but due to some sort of glitch it has vanished.

Best Wishes

Veronica

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hello I知 new and interested in Pond Yachts
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 06:04:15 pm »

Hello Veronica,
  If you contact GOOLE MODEL BOAT CLUB  we have a web-site and speak to Darran he will give you the names of a couple that are members that like you are very much into old yachts and may be of some help to you.
                  Regards Howard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.