Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to Steam  (Read 1208 times)

carlfmiller

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boats + Model Trains + Model Planes!!
New to Steam
« on: March 22, 2019, 11:38:18 pm »

Hello all model makers.  Joining up after a few years on RCGroups-- this forum looks like fun and full of info. I'll zero in on RC sail and Live Steam posts pretty soon, but a general hello as I first navigate the Mayhem. Over the years my dad and son and I have been crazy about airplanes and boat models and I even had a stretch of electric trains as well. Planes are RC mostly intermediate flight but full detail 1/5 and 1/4 scale. (no jets)  Then, no RC field near me when I moved to Hawaii, so electric powered gliders were a big rage. I think we have 17... but all asleep now that I went nuts about RC sailboats and lately into live steam. Will post soon about my 73" launch- it is coming out great but haven't zeroed in the steam plant yet. Also will be asking for help with knowledge about Microcosm (Chinese)  and Miniature Steam Models (Australian) engines.

This is my first post and now I'm in model mayhem!

Carl Miller
Hawi, Big Island, HI

ooyah/2

• Full Mayhemer
Re: New to Steam
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 11:55:23 pm »

Hi Carl,
Welcome to the forum, in the Steam and R&D section you will get plenty of useful help very freely given.
There are many members here in the U.k. as well as World wide with a wealth of knowledge through out.

George.

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
Re: New to Steam
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 02:33:43 pm »

Hi Carl

Welcome to the forum - I will echo what George has said; you will get plenty of help on here regarding steam.  There are many experienced steam modellers on here who have helped me a lot  :-))

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.