Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sad Day for Tarlair  (Read 1622 times)

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
Sad Day for Tarlair
« on: March 31, 2019, 09:24:21 pm »

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/north-east/1519819/model-boat-builder-forced-to-give-up-sailings-due-to-stagnant-water/

Tarlair has always been a staple with modellers in the NE of Scotland, this Art Deco swimming complex was built in the 1930's and has fallen into disrepair.

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
Re: Sad Day for Tarlair
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 10:13:01 pm »

A typical day at BMMBC   {-)   No need to add weathering  %%

ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 10:53:16 pm »

Quite lucky in the Highlands I know good loch's and watercourses to sail in (if I ever get time <:( ). I also avoid certain loch's because they are sensitive or have other uses.

It's sort of mixed emotions to see this report of Tarlair, I have known it since a child in the 70's visiting Macduff and can remember events there. Even in winter it was great fun playing round the site.

Unfortunately since the mid 1990's the condition of the site has gotten worse and not helped by some of the people using the site.

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 10:58:00 pm »

I hope there will be a resolve to fix it, such a waste
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 12:10:41 am »

......so typical......if is anything like our Council......it may be years prior to a resolution......but the Department of Health may step in & declare the pool water not fit for human use [swimming, walking on {-) or playing with ].....so then the dutiful Council Officers will install a safety barricade and signage warning of the consequences of swimming in sh*tty water ..............

"The water is stagnant and filthy and our boats are hitting underwater obstructions.Originally the pool was designed so at high water the water in the pool changed, but then the council filled the outer pool with concrete and the opening was blocked up

Last night, an Aberdeenshire Council spokesman >>:-( confirmed an investigation was underway"
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 12:09:34 pm »

Something must be getting done as Scottish clubs have been invited to a 2 day Gala day in August.
Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 12:49:13 pm »

Something must be getting done as Scottish clubs have been invited to a 2 day Gala day in August.
Jim

Last time I was down there the whole structure was unsafe and there was needles, tinfoil, and various other "items" lying about.

I also know that some modelers have been trying to contact Tarlair Model club - and hitting a brick wall.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.