Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steam throttle mixes  (Read 1169 times)

Captain Flack

• Full Mayhemer
Steam throttle mixes
« on: April 01, 2019, 12:20:24 pm »

I have a Steam Tug which currently operates on throttle (left stick 0 to 100%) and the ahead and astern control is on a 3 position switch with neutral being center position. ie two servos, one for each operation. As this is completely alien to every other boat I have, it makes operating it a bit of a nightmare, so I am looking to put both controls on to the left stick (center neutral for both operations) .I think that a V throttle mix will take care of the steam valve, but am unsure if I can mix the gear servo so that as soon as I move the left stick either forward or ahead the servo will operate in the right direction to engage either forward or reverse gearing.In effect i want to make it like it's fitted with an electronic ESC with a proportional throttle, but in the right gear for the direction of the stick.I hope that makes sense.The radio is a Spektrum DX6
Any ideas greatly received. :-))

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?
Re: Steam throttle mixes
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 01:42:13 pm »

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 02:21:05 pm »

Captain....... ;) ....it would assist if you confirmed the actual steam engine ......a number of Action electronic devices are available however these depend on the inbuilt engine control system/function etc

Even the Royal Yacht Britannia did not have independent proportional throttle control  :-X

Derek 
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Captain Flack

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 04:50:07 pm »

It is a:
Cheddar Proteus steam plant comprising twin cylinder slide valve engine with tumbler-type reversing and water pump coupled to the gas-fired horizontal boiler.
Hope this helps.  Thanks to those who replied.
I think the P105 is like "hen's teeth"

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.