Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revell USS Olympia.  (Read 1367 times)

yateleyboatbuilder

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Revell USS Olympia.
« on: April 02, 2019, 09:08:10 pm »

Hello All, Can anybody tell me the correct colour for the superstructure,funnels and mast for this vessel, i believe it is similar to our China station colour.

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Revell USS Olympia.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 01:53:10 pm »

The correct color? One needs to determine the time you are modelling. Olympia carried numerous color schemes. You might want to take a gander here http://www.navsource.org/archives/04/c6/c6.htm to see her various color schemes. I am guessing that your query refers to the buff color that she carried, at various times, on her superstructure, vents and stacks. Pictures in the link should help you there.

yateleyboatbuilder

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 09:59:25 pm »

Hello, Thanks for your reply, the era ( Peactime ) Buff and White colour scheme, would you know which buff colour using Revell, Humbrol, Tamiya or other paint manufacturer. Regards

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 10:24:17 pm »

I think the color would be up to you. That was before the USN standardized it's colors. While it might be a bit more expensive, you could simple create a color comparison chart and pick whichever seems to be correct to you. As the photos on NavSource show, the paint under goes changes due to sun exposure, UV, and freshly painted will appear significantly different than aged sea worn paint. I do remember a wonderful book that explained adding grey or white to a color to create the hazy effect that the atmosphere creates, causing colors to change.Good luck, and remember, if someone says something about your effort, tell them to prove their facts, it's not up to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.