Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I use a ground (car) ESC (Brushless)  (Read 4908 times)

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Should I use a ground (car) ESC (Brushless)
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2019, 07:42:31 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk7P8f8qYVw

hi there these are brushed motors in this model - but - I was trying out a new (from ebay) a Chinese speed controller with programmable brake function.  The reason I liked this is that it only had 50% power in reverse - because on this model where the rudder posts come up at the stern/ there are slots at the top to take the rudder tiller arms.  Water can enter through them if you do full reverse :-)  but, it turns out that the reverse and brake function are so hitty missy on this particular speed controller, it is being replaced.   Watch the video and have a laugh :-)
This is the speed controller

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/60A-Dual-Mode-ESC-Motor-Speed-Controller-with-Cooling-Fan-for-RC-1-10-Car-UK/273447546158?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

John
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

Hotglove

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Should I use a ground (car) ESC (Brushless)
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2019, 04:17:13 pm »

I have a 120a Hobbywing ESC in my Chris Craft Runabout and the programming card give the choice between a pause in neutral and instant forward/reverse. This has always worked perfectly, I bought a second hand Robbe Turo, the ESC fitted looked like a Hobbyking 40a so I bought the requisite card and found that it also offered neutral or instant, and that works fine as well (and is a much cheaper unit than the 120a ESC) 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.