Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW RELEASE FROM DEANS MARINE  (Read 3889 times)

Dean's Marine

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dean's Marine
NEW RELEASE FROM DEANS MARINE
« on: May 09, 2019, 01:59:03 pm »

New addition to our Merchant ship range, come and see her at the Mayhem.

M.V JONRIX
SCALE 1/100   L 801mm  B 135mm
      Details of the kit
The fibreglass hull in this kit is  molded with hull fenders and deck edge detail.  Computer generated LASER CUT 1.5mm H I Ps plastic forms the decks and 1mm LASER CUT  superstructure
 A complete set of fittings are included in the kit with all detail parts such as winches, ladders, deck fittings, etc, cast in light alloy and resin. A  SHEET OF BRASS ETCHED DETAILS to add the museum quality of details, Propshaft in stainless steel is cased in brass proptube, Vacformed  motor mounts  comprehensive instructions, a C/D of the assembly of the original model with over 600 pictures,  and a FULL SIZE PLAN In colour, to assist in the assembly of this unusual model with a fascinating history, she still in service with the Rix company.
First release price in the UK with VAT £255.50

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: NEW RELEASE FROM DEANS MARINE
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 11:04:24 am »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

eastcoasters

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 08:16:09 pm »

Just wish to point out a few ------- errors with this report.

The vessel is by no means a modern ship as she was built in 1977

Rix Shipping did not design or have anything to do with her design/building, she was built in Japan as the Langeland up until 1983 when she became Langeland II in 1994.

Rix purchased her in 1994 and renamed her Jonrix she remained in the fleet until 2007 when she was sold and became the Jonsen.

She was broken up at Tuzla (Turkey) during March and April 2012.

The crew complement would have been 8 and not 14.

Moderated - Admin

Footski

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 06:43:57 am »

If east coasters is correct, how on earth can Deans Marine make such basic errors in their reporting of what looks to be a beautiful model? :police:

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 08:12:28 am »

I’ve listened to the video, and I’ve looked at the information about the Jonrix on the website and I don’t know what the issue is really as it’s doesn’t detract from the model. As far as I’m concerned Deans Marine didn’t mention anything that was mid-leading. When he said about it being the latest vessel in the fleet he was referring to the Dean Marine fleet not Rix.
It’s a fantastic looking model and there is no need to have a go at Deans Marine over something like that just because you think that it’s mid-leading. Ron was asked what the Jonrix was used for, no reason to give a full history of the vessel- the model represents Jonrix not Langeland or Jonsen so he is correct in what he says, that’s my interpretation.
Also I would like to say how would you do when being interviewed at short notice, I think Ron does pretty good to talk about Jonrix and go into reasonable detail considering that he has over 150 different kits in his range- I don’t think I could remember the exact history of every model I’ve made!

Enjoy the model as I’ve seen it for real and I’m tempted by it :-))
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 09:35:57 am »

Very nice  :-)
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 09:51:49 am »

Well done Ron,
Looks a great model I'd love to have one just have room or time, As for what the other guy said if you cant say something nice that don't say now't  at all.
           Regard Howard.

modboat

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 11:18:56 am »

Well done Ron another nice looking boat,

I don't want to get in an argument, but I build model boats for enjoyment and will not spend time counting rivets.

Some people make comments that are worse than the comments made before just to prove some point, but I would like to point out some errors in what eastcoasters has stated.

Ron stated a modern ship (in shipping terms this is in fact modern)
Ron did not state they designed the ship (they may have refitted and built to their spec when acquired)
Ron stated that they would have a crew of about 12 to 14 depending on what they were carrying. (He did not specifically state an exact crew number)

I would like to point out that Ron gave a general view of model building and would not gain any extra sales by giving information that was on a guesstimate basis.

I build model boats to enjoy my hobby not to pick bones to prove I know more or have a point to prove, I am always open to comments but would smack someone in the face that said you have that all wrong, and it is incorrect. So what!!!! I enjoyed building it, its my boat not yours.

The same as this is Ron's Model and he chooses to sell as part of his business.

Ron, have not been for a few years but will visit the shop soon, it looks good, I might even buy this fine ship as long as it is £255.50 and not
£255.49. LOL LOL LOL
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 23 queries.