Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ESS Dual + sound system file sizes  (Read 2989 times)

Hotglove

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
ESS Dual + sound system file sizes
« on: May 03, 2019, 04:05:56 pm »

I have an ESS One sound module which I love, but am thinking of getting an ESS Dual+ unit which has two main sounds available plus sounds can be loaded on the Aux channel. I have tried contacting the manufacturer, Sense Innovations, but have yet to hear from them. I would guess that the file sizes will be very small but would like to know how small.
Unfortunately the site that provides their sound file downloads can only be accessed when connected to a unit, and is Windows only (I have a Mac) a friend kindly allows me to use his PC when changing files, but I won't presume on his generosity to check out odds and ends.

Thanks in anticipation.

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
Re: ESS Dual + sound system file sizes
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 04:16:51 pm »

I'm away but if you remind me Tuesday I can tell you by evening.

Having just watched a video on you tube it doesn't indicate file sizes. It just has a download tab for each and as it loads displays % complete
There isn't really a reason for them to give a size as they are loaded directly to the dual for which they are made
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

Hotglove

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 04:21:29 pm »

Thanks for swift reply, will do. (but still welcome all input and suggestions)  :-)

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 04:23:11 pm »

Thanks for swift reply, will do. (but still welcome all input and suggestions)  :-)
See my edit above
Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDRO2Ip4Tkk
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

Hotglove

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 07:02:14 pm »

Hi, Taranis thanks for the link, it is the best that I have seen so far and very helpful, some food for thought. :-)

Hotglove

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2019, 12:14:17 pm »

I contacted ESS and they were very helpful, recommended an auxiliary file limit of 20sec, I loaded a file that ran 27sec which ran fine, then asked ESS if I could load a longer file if I deleted the second engine sound, they replied (within seconds) that it should be possible, so will give it a try.
But very pleased with the sound editor that is built into  the ESS RC Plus software.
I am using car engine sounds and can choose from dozens of different engines, I was looking for a vintage V8, but the nearest I've found is a 1969 Mustang, not bad.
For those looking for ship sounds the choice is very limited, but I was very impressed with their 5000hp ship engine sound.
A very pleasing development is that the RC Plus software now allows one to listen to a sample of all their sounds without connecting a sound unit.
The RC Plus software is a free download but is only available for Windows and gives a great insight into the performance of the sound modules without spending money.
The download has a minor drawback in that one of the prompt screens is in Chinese (select the left hand box)
Have fun  :-)) [size=78%] [/size]

Hotglove

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 07:07:45 pm »

If anyone is interested in the outcome to my fiddling with files, etc. I have posted a video on the Mayhem Facebook page (no expert on links, etc.)
Very pleased with how it went and more experimenting to come  :-))

klz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 11:45:47 pm »

Hotglove any chance you can post a link on here with regards to you fiddling with files I do not have a facebook account and I am looking for a sound system for my next project.

Pete

• Shipmate
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2023, 04:01:34 pm »

Just an update to the ess dual... it no longer can download and install any sounds for BOAT, no states wrong type. Have contacted sence but no replay
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.