Model Boat Mayhem - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: nlb ship Fingal model  (Read 254 times)

wicker

• Full Mayhemer
nlb ship Fingal model
« on: May 07, 2019, 08:48:53 PM »

Is any modeller willing to build a model of the Northern Lighthouse vessel FINGAL for one of the officers-Price required--Thank you

RST

• Full Mayhemer
Re: nlb ship Fingal model
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 10:04:14 PM »

If it helps, a pic usually tells a thousand words and the Northern Lighthouse Board, I sometimes think has really quite pleasing tastes in its choice of Naval Architects.  I hope this is the right vessel from google searches (would love a version of that myself!!).  You might want to say how big and how much detail you wish though (a 10" long model is maybe different from a 30" model, and magnitude or more in cost).  Commissions are not too common on enthusiast forums, there's professional companies out there but of course for a price.  There's a guy on the somewhat infrequently visited Model Boats magazine forum though (Brian something?) who normally builds fully rigged sailing ships to commission but he builds some older steamships also -a real craftsman and beautifully detailed at around the 4-8" long mark I think if that's of interest?  There's apparently been a problem a with damage from couriers though so not sure if he'll do anything unless it's collection now.

Not sure if that helps you,

Rich

Pages: [1]   Go Up