Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: motor mount  (Read 1601 times)

Holger

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
motor mount
« on: May 06, 2019, 07:45:27 pm »

MOTOR MOUNT ..
Does anyone know this one here or maybe you have already installed it ??

she tells me a lot about the alignment of motor and screw shaft seems to be 100% tig and so the alignment of the two should be omitted..

Hotglove

• Full Mayhemer
Re: motor mount
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 11:51:55 am »

Not familiar with this mount but I installed a mount intended for model aircraft in my Dumas Runabout and found that, after a bit of drilling and filing to convert it to marine use that the adjustability made it a pleasure to set up motor/shaft alignment.  The one I used is marketed in two sizes by Great Planes and needs to have the motor mount turned through 90 degrees. First photo has a slight lens distortion, it does line up exactly, really  ok2  the rubber coupling and corresponding lining up coupling came from Model Boat Bits (very helpful) Good luck

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 12:50:53 pm »

Won't be long before I fit the motors in my builds and that mount looks great to get accurate alignment.

Chris
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

Holger

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 01:07:34 pm »

Hoi Chris .. thanks for the pictures and the descriptions .. I found the motor mounts at greatplanes and siw look very good .. !!! unfortunately I miss measurements of the individual holder ..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.