Model Boat Mayhem - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: motor mount  (Read 634 times)

Holger

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
motor mount
« on: May 06, 2019, 07:45:27 PM »

MOTOR MOUNT ..
Does anyone know this one here or maybe you have already installed it ??

she tells me a lot about the alignment of motor and screw shaft seems to be 100% tig and so the alignment of the two should be omitted..

Hotglove

• Full Mayhemer
Re: motor mount
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 11:51:55 AM »

Not familiar with this mount but I installed a mount intended for model aircraft in my Dumas Runabout and found that, after a bit of drilling and filing to convert it to marine use that the adjustability made it a pleasure to set up motor/shaft alignment.  The one I used is marketed in two sizes by Great Planes and needs to have the motor mount turned through 90 degrees. First photo has a slight lens distortion, it does line up exactly, really  ok2  the rubber coupling and corresponding lining up coupling came from Model Boat Bits (very helpful) Good luck

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 12:50:53 PM »

Won't be long before I fit the motors in my builds and that mount looks great to get accurate alignment.

Chris
Concentrating in the main, on the fine Fairey Marine boats, which is plenty for me to get on with!

Holger

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 01:07:34 PM »

Hoi Chris .. thanks for the pictures and the descriptions .. I found the motor mounts at greatplanes and siw look very good .. !!! unfortunately I miss measurements of the individual holder ..
Pages: [1]   Go Up