Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pet Peeves!!  (Read 911 times)

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
Pet Peeves!!
« on: June 02, 2019, 01:37:30 pm »

So what grinds your gears?  What annoys you for no reason?

Mine is every supplier of bits requiring me to set up an account. 

I just want to buy 'X' using Paypal - so Paypal will give them my address and tell them what to send - so why do I have to create an account and need a password?   Why do they need to know all my personal information like my doctor's dog's inside leg measurement?  I don't want anything else from them - and by the time I do, it's possibly years later and I will have forgotten any password or username I used to create the account.

So fed up with greedy & sloppy e-commerce.

What are your pet peeves?

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Pet Peeves!!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 01:55:54 pm »

When you have bought ANYTHING, even if it is the most mundane item, a deluge of subsequent emails saying 'please rate us', 'how did we do?' 'please take our short survey' etc. etc.

I had a routine blood test last week. A couple of hours later I get a text: 'would, you recommend our surgery to prospective patients?' Arrghhh!

Mind you I did take great pleasure the other day in explaining to British Airways what a cramped, uncomfortable and soul destroying experiece flying on their aircraft has become and yes, I would be delighted to be contacted further - not a peep out of them. Of course they know all this and simply don't care.

Colin

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
Re: Pet Peeves!!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 02:14:13 pm »

Yes - I told sky to get stuffed - their deal went from £46 to £78 overnight so I cancelled all the TV & phone packages - and now they want to know why - yet in all their questions about their 'service', there's nothing about the extortionate price.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.