Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: American TV Program  (Read 1537 times)

skierdive

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
American TV Program
« on: June 04, 2019, 05:16:44 pm »

My Apologies if this has been posted before.

Some lovely model boats on show but, not sure what the other models are doing or if they are required.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1bvufwJM2A

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
Re: American TV Program
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 06:52:41 pm »

We could do with some "models" like those around our pond. I think declining member numbers might soon be a distant memory!

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 06:57:50 pm »

We could do with some "models" like those around our pond. I think declining member numbers might soon be a distant memory!
Reminds me of the question about why dogs chase after cars... What would they do if they actually caught one?  :o
DaveM

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 09:44:32 pm »

How to   not   to make model boating sexy!   {-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

RST

Re: American TV Programme
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 09:44:37 pm »

Struggled to get through the first few mins of this (I had a paint brush in my hand, couldn't stop painting but was considering stabbing my ear drums out after about 2 mins).  However resisted and I'm strangely taken in a love-hate kind of thing, difference in culture and language (so glad one interviewee could repeatedly pronounce "buoy" when the presenter couldn't!!).  I was a bit disappointed Rodney Dangerfield or Chevvy Chase never did a cameo at some point though.  Loving the fact they put what sounds like a NASCAR commentator behind the mic, also referred to marine modelling a "sport".  I'm very glad to hear that, if golf and snooker is a "sport" then so should be modelling!!!!!!!!

Clearly originally designed for 10min segments at a time.  I was half-expecting "Morrie's wigs", or a "shake and bake" segment to feature.

I'm not sure whether I should like this video or not though.  So clearly un-PC, yet so genuinely interested in the hobby.  What can I say, I loved the Bob Symes programmes when I was younger, somehow it's not quite the same.  Kind of an internet gem.

I'm a bit distressed that I have a severe lacking of red and yellow spandex in my life though!!!

Nice find.

Rich

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 01:04:07 am »

There was a competition RC show on one of the Sky channels circa 98-2002ish - very similar - but based on racing rather than scale modelling.

Discovery had Supermodels ([size=78%]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzHB9lWd_Z0&t=856s[/size]) which was repeated often over Christmas / New Year periods or late at night which also did a Dortmund special (still on my list to attend when I get time)

There was another show which had a "forced overenthusiastic" presenter who looked totally uncomfortable with the subject and probably wanted to fire her manager for landing her with the role - I can only remember seeing one episode (pilot that was dropped?)

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 08:24:14 am »

cringy  :o
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 08:56:11 am »

American TV is so weird!
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 01:07:31 pm »

It shows how much TV culture has changed in the last 40 years or so.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 01:33:24 pm »

Hi all, I think those girls knew exactly what they were doing, I got the impression they were sending themselves up.  I think they should be congratulated on steadfastly not reacting to the rather inclement weather.
I have to add also though that there are vacancies in our club as well.  e.g. Chairman's companion, Treasurers little treasure and Secretary's little secret.  We are stiil considering having a Mistress of the committee, I don't have the whip hand here as some of our older members would happily settle for a Matron.  However word is getting out and our last but one editor(ess) always had her boyfriend present whenever she appeared.

Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.