Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Chris' HMS TIGER (C20) - 1:72 SCALE  (Read 314670 times)

Sealord

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Chris' HMS TIGER (C20) - 1:72 SCALE
« Reply #1550 on: June 04, 2022, 10:29:49 pm »

Alright ole boy?
    Well done on the flight deck netting, looking really good.
    Keep up the good work..
 :-))

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1551 on: June 04, 2022, 10:33:08 pm »

Alright ole boy?
    Well done on the flight deck netting, looking really good.
    Keep up the good work..

HI Boyo  yea its turned out not to bad an im pleased but now tryin to work out how to do the gun turrets hope you are well m8
chris

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1552 on: June 04, 2022, 10:37:41 pm »

Hello Chis! How are you? Look, I have always liked the old cruisers or battleships converted into more modern ships like the USS Mississippi AG-128, the USS Boston CAG-1, the USS Little Rock CLG-4 or, in this case, the Tiger class in its Helicopter Carrier version. My idea is to continue contracting models in 1/72 scale so this would be my scale to build if possible. I also wanted to thank you for the reference of where I can get the plans. This morning I got in touch with quaycraft and asked him mainly about the matter of the scale (1/72) and the shipment (Generally, nobody makes this type of shipments to my country, Argentina, for a cost issue)
On the other hand I have been reviewing my collection of naval modeling catalogs and I have found the plans of the HMS Swiftsure of the Minotaur class that according to what I understood would become one of the older brothers of the tiger class and that were finished during the second world war . But the truth is that I don't know what, apart from the obvious differences, would be the differences in the hull between the Minotaur and the Tiger class, since it must be remembered that in the post war the plan was presented to finish the Minotaur class hulls under the name of the new tiger class. I hope I'm not wrong in the story... :D
All the best! Gian.

PD:I apologize again if the translation is not understood.
An hi Gian have you worked out yet which ship to build  ?  as i think that swithsure looks a nice
subject
chris

Dan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1553 on: June 05, 2022, 02:00:28 pm »

THANKS Dan an how goes it on your build or has life taken over ?
chris

Hi Chris, still slow and steady, not much more to look at, very nearly finished the stanchions. Following that I want to respray the Heli pad with the deck markings on. After that I won't have much more to do.. maybe 2 months before she's done if all goes to plan

Gian Franco Baldasso

• Shipmate
« Reply #1554 on: June 05, 2022, 04:36:44 pm »

An hi Gian have you worked out yet which ship to build  ?  as i think that swithsure looks a nice
subject
chris

Hello Chris! How have you been? Look, they have responded to me from quaycraft and they have told me that it can be arranged to send the plans here at my desired scale but I have not yet responded nor have I decided whether to request them or not. At the moment I have only investigated if it is possible to build a tiger class cruiser from the plans of a minotaur class cruiser and came to the conclusion that it is possible but it will require a lot of ingenuity, trial, error, etc. to build the superstructure due because the only thing these boats share is the shape of the hull (in my opinion the most important thing).
I have started to give the correct scale to the plans of the minotaur class ship to see how I will print them:

On the other hand, I am doubting whether to make a tiger-class ship this time or first the school battleship USS Mississippi AG-128 since I have more material about it:

Anyway, I don't rule out directly building a minotaur-class ship, it looks quite interesting:

By the way, I'm loving how your model is turning out. The amount of detail it has is impressive. Keep it up! I hope to see it finished soon :)

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1555 on: June 05, 2022, 06:28:05 pm »

HI Gian we are very well thank you an we hope you an your wife are if you are married an from what i can work out from your post you are going to build the minotaur ship then am i right in 1/72 scale yes ? an yes it will require a lot of  ingenuity, trial, error, etc. to build the superstructure  but so did my tiger  an i dont know what modeling skills you have but you can only try an see how it goes as i have done an mine turned out
ok  but up to you if you want the ship you got to build it anyway Gian hope to see you build some ship an thank you for your nice comments on my tiger :-))
ATB
Chris

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1556 on: June 05, 2022, 06:41:20 pm »

Hi Chris, still slow and steady, not much more to look at, very nearly finished the stanchions. Following that I want to respray the Heli pad with the deck markings on. After that I won't have much more to do.. maybe 2 months before she's done if all goes to plan

HI DAN well done if you have nr finished your ship an how long did it take to build in the end ?an how about some pics of her ?
chris  :-))

Dan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1557 on: June 05, 2022, 10:13:29 pm »

HI DAN well done if you have nr finished your ship an how long did it take to build in the end ?an how about some pics of her ?

Thanks Chris! I started it when I think I was 15.. I'm now 30. Although it was sat on a shelf for about 10 years. I'm glad I've dusted it off and restarted it. I'll try and get some photos up in the next few days  :-))

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1558 on: June 07, 2022, 10:53:18 pm »

HI Gian sorry but for some reason i cant reply on your post as the words all keep backin up so can any body eles post something on his site the  Class Meko 360 - 1/72  one as it may be my laptop playin up

Tworrs

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1559 on: June 08, 2022, 12:22:25 am »

Hi Chris, I have just posted something on Gian's post, so it is working.
ATB
Garry

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1560 on: June 08, 2022, 09:41:02 am »

Hi Chris, I have just posted something on Gian's post, so it is working.
ATB
Garry

OH Thanks Garry as my laptop was makin a right dogs dinner of my post cheers as dont want Gian to think no one will talk to him well done for takin over
chris

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1561 on: June 08, 2022, 11:20:38 am »

HI ALL well just a small post today to show ive now started working on them gun turretes
an this lot below is just some of what i need to make this guns turrets working but i know some of you guys on here have mastered it but im  a novice  on this  but well onto a rd that may or may not work so will see how i get on
chris
https://ibb.co/ZcSdvyz

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1562 on: June 08, 2022, 11:31:39 am »

an im useing a 1/16 R/C tank turret gear ring to turn my main gun turret with other gears to turn it fom a sail winch servo an the makers said it will give me 6 revovloutins but its not  right as i treid the sailwinch straight from the R/X an i only got 2an a bit revoltuions so i fitted a servo morph on an its called exstender an tried that was better but still only got 4an a bit turns so today i will adjust the servo morph to the full exstened range an then see how may turns i get an below the turret gear ring (actual size)
https://ibb.co/0jmFcrS

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1563 on: June 08, 2022, 11:36:09 am »

AN HERE IN THIS PIC ive fitted on a 2mm plasti card  base plate to the turret gear ring so i can drill a centrall hole for the spindle shaft an there are some of the gears i hope to use
chris
https://ibb.co/yFg89SF

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1564 on: June 08, 2022, 11:45:46 am »

an right under the turret there is these eletronics so the turret gearing must be made to lift out an compact enough so i can get to the eletrics if a problem at all
chris
https://ibb.co/QPYXyrx

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1565 on: June 08, 2022, 05:40:27 pm »

HI ALL well just a small post today to show ive now started working on them gun turretes
an this lot below is just some of what i need to make this guns turrets working but i know some of you guys on here have mastered it but im  a novice  on this  but well onto a rd that may or may not work so will see how i get on
chris
https://ibb.co/ZcSdvyz
Chris thats why I used the bit from mike, no gears as much traverse as needed, you only need 1 max anyway and no wires to worry about, , also lifts straight out if wanted to gain access, anyway good luck

Bob
I will finish this model

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1566 on: June 08, 2022, 07:32:50 pm »

Chris thats why I used the bit from mike, no gears as much traverse as needed, you only need 1 max anyway and no wires to worry about, , also lifts straight out if wanted to gain access, anyway good luck

Bob

HI Bob can you show me a pic of what the unit is from mikes please
cheers
chris ps we hope judie is managine ok

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1567 on: June 08, 2022, 08:17:26 pm »

chris will send one as for Judi PM on its way

Bob
I will finish this model

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1568 on: June 08, 2022, 08:23:00 pm »

Chris
About size of 10p, like i said with turret mounted on servo it can be slotted in and out and unless you are having extra bits in the turret its a clean mout with just servo lead there, Its personal choice but after using two of these I could never go back to the tank turret way which I used on first Tiger

Bob

I will finish this model

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1569 on: June 08, 2022, 08:25:00 pm »

Hello Chris! How have you been? Look, they have responded to me from quaycraft and they have told me that it can be arranged to send the plans here at my desired scale but I have not yet responded nor have I decided whether to request them or not. At the moment I have only investigated if it is possible to build a tiger class cruiser from the plans of a minotaur class cruiser and came to the conclusion that it is possible but it will require a lot of ingenuity, trial, error, etc. to build the superstructure due because the only thing these boats share is the shape of the hull (in my opinion the most important thing).
I have started to give the correct scale to the plans of the minotaur class ship to see how I will print them:

On the other hand, I am doubting whether to make a tiger-class ship this time or first the school battleship USS Mississippi AG-128 since I have more material about it:

Anyway, I don't rule out directly building a minotaur-class ship, it looks quite interesting:

By the way, I'm loving how your model is turning out. The amount of detail it has is impressive. Keep it up! I hope to see it finished soon :)

Gian for what its worth I would pick one or the other there are to many differences between the two classes it will make you task harder.  Having built two Tigers I am well versed in the issues with her.

Bob
I will finish this model

Gian Franco Baldasso

• Shipmate
« Reply #1570 on: June 09, 2022, 02:16:40 pm »

HI Gian sorry but for some reason i cant reply on your post as the words all keep backin up so can any body eles post something on his site the  Class Meko 360 - 1/72  one as it may be my laptop playin up

Hello Cris! No problem. That day I also had problems with the forum. I hope it has been solved!

Gian Franco Baldasso

• Shipmate
« Reply #1571 on: June 09, 2022, 02:27:01 pm »

Hello Bob! I am aware of the differences between the two ship classes. But from what I read on the web, the hulls of both classes of ships are the same. Since originally the tiger-class ship hulls were minotaur-class ship hulls that were never finished. Therefore, in theory, the frames of both types of ships should be the same. Obviously the superstructure is totally different and that's the hard part! At the moment I am going to dedicate myself to continue with my old model, the Meko 360.

Cheers! Gian.

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1572 on: June 09, 2022, 02:34:27 pm »

Chris
About size of 10p, like i said with turret mounted on servo it can be slotted in and out and unless you are having extra bits in the turret its a clean mout with just servo lead there, Its personal choice but after using two of these I could never go back to the tank turret way which I used on first Tiger

Bob

HI Bob how much is it please ?  as just spent a good bit on the bits i have got already ?
chris

Gian Franco Baldasso

• Shipmate
« Reply #1573 on: June 09, 2022, 05:44:53 pm »

HI Bob how much is it please ?  as just spent a good bit on the bits i have got already ?
chris

Look Chris: https://modelradioworkshop.co.uk/shop/servo-control-devices/turret-servo-controller/

£13.30

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1574 on: June 09, 2022, 07:53:31 pm »

Look Chris: https://modelradioworkshop.co.uk/shop/servo-control-devices/turret-servo-controller/

£13.30

HI Gian  well thanks for the infomation an ive sent for the twin gun turret one as tiger has two gun turrets many thanks an i will use it if my gears idea dont work out so this way i have two chances of getting the guns to turn

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.